Pregnant after 35
Options

TWINS

Is anyone else not only surprised that they are pregnant but in more shock to find out that they are expecting twins? We are over the moon and still in disbelief.The on going joke for me was "it runs in the family so we must be careful."

We are so excited it's scary.  We pray that they are healthy!

Re: TWINS

• Options
    Most likely I will never have tweens, but just wanted to say Congrats!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Double congratulations! I'm just so glad that this hasn't happened to me, but I know quite a few people with twins.
    I am a Wonder-Mom!
    DD#1 - January 2008
    DD#2 - September 2010
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We just found out last Thurdsay that we're expecting twins too. After being told that at 41 there wasn't a lot of hope in getting pregnant naturally, this is twice the shock. But... it really is twice the blessing. It is... right????? Wink
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Congratulations! I was hoping for twins the first time. Now, if I get pregnant again after this baby I hope it's only 1, 3 kids is a lot but 4 would be too much for me! I am tired just taking care of one and growing another. Sleep
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I wasn't surprised, we had to do IVF so there was a 25% chance.  However, fraternal twins do run in my family (7 sets).  So while my immediate family (mom, dad, sisters) knows about our IF, the rest of the family has no clue and think that I am continuing the fraternal twins tradition. 

So far our two have been measuring a little ahead (a few days each), NT scan came back all clear, and at 20 weeks they weighed 14 oz. each.  I am having my first growth scan on Friday, so  I am really intersted in seeing how much they weigh now.  My MFM says that everything is looking good.

• Options
    Awesome exciting - congrats!
    8 month cutie

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageTheCricket:
    We just found out last Thurdsay that we're expecting twins too. After being told that at 41 there wasn't a lot of hope in getting pregnant naturally, this is twice the shock. But... it really is twice the blessing. It is... right????? Wink

Wow, what a blessing; 41 and naturally! you guys must have been in such shock. how exciting! Congrats.

I try to not to think of it so much because it does still scare me but i can't help have times when i imagine what and how my life will be once they arrive. DOUBLE everything. We are blessed.

Good Luck!

• Options
    imagechickaboo1974:

I wasn't surprised, we had to do IVF so there was a 25% chance.  However, fraternal twins do run in my family (7 sets).  So while my immediate family (mom, dad, sisters) knows about our IF, the rest of the family has no clue and think that I am continuing the fraternal twins tradition. 

So far our two have been measuring a little ahead (a few days each), NT scan came back all clear, and at 20 weeks they weighed 14 oz. each.  I am having my first growth scan on Friday, so  I am really intersted in seeing how much they weigh now.  My MFM says that everything is looking good.

Oh wow, how exciting. Sounds like smooth sailing for you. May it continue till D day!

Am scared to find out my numbers but it must be done. I only pray that all goes well and that they are healthy!

Congrats!

• Options

imagemrs711:
    I try to not to think of it so much because it does still scare me but i can't help have times when i imagine what and how my life will be once they arrive. DOUBLE everything.

You said it, sister! The weirdest thing is that I knew that our due date was 3/28 before, but now, it's all a crap shoot. I suppose it won't be later that 37 weeks, which would put us at about 3/7. You're only a couple of days ahead of me too!

Photobucket
  • Options

Double the congrats!  I remember how exciting and scary it felt, it took DH and I a while before it really sank in, but we know we are blessed.  Check out the Multiples board, they are a great group. 

Congrats and H&H 9 months to you!  :o)

image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"