LGBT Parenting

TTT (over here for Blue)

I missed last week's TTT so I thought I would start it off today.  How is everyone doing?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: TTT (over here for Blue)

• 1. I have to go do a small presentation to a new group of employees in about seven minutes.

2. I hate public speaking.  With.a.passion.

3. My mom survived day one of babysitting JB all day.  I told her JB doesn't nap, now she really believes me.

4. If the rain clears we are going to go to a minor league baseball game tonight.  

5. I only pumped 2oz this morning.  I've never pumped less than 4oz.  I'm hoping it's just that JB ate really good this a.m.

6. Later today I have a meeting to run and I have yet to put together an agenda.

7.  We have a cupcake bus in our area.  I've seen it twice but haven't stopped yet.  Next time I shall, and then I'll report back ;-)

8.  Guess I better go give that presentation now. So no 9 or 10 from me today.

• 1) I also hate public speaking.  I'm so bad at it :(  I have a presentation to do in a couple weeks to the high ups and i'm dreading it.

2) I spent three hours of my life i'll never get back at a foster "Positive Discipline" training class last night.  We spent at least 90 minutes discussing why you shouldn't hit kids.  Ummm, hello? We are foster parents and its against the law to hit our children - why am i missing time with my family to discuss this??

3) I've got another 3 hours of that joy to complete next week.  ugh.

4) DW's bday is on Saturday!

5) Ironically enough, so is my ex boyfriend's...what are the chances of the two people I've ever dated having the same exact birthday (year and all)?

6) This morning was crisp, cool, and wonderfully fall-like. I'm wearing a sweater and couldn't be happier about it.

7) Just found out travel to sesame place was approved. Sprout's going to be beside himself when he sees elmo!!

8) Lets hope Rosebud doesnt scream the entire car ride :P

9) mmmmm, warm apple cider

10) ooo, and mums! I cant wait until our mums bloom.

• Loading the player...
  • 1. I had yesterday off and have today off as well, so it's my Sunday.

2. I've been wanting to have my own chickens for a while, and this egg recall isn't helping matters!  I don't think it will happen for quite a while, though.

3.  I love having family so nearby.  Yesterday I made a really good dinner (and dessert) so my bro, SIL, and niece came over on a whim.

4.  I'm worried about the trapped Chilean miners!  Yikes.  4-5 months.

5.  I'm putting together a photo mural for over the couch today.  I'm spray painting old frames all the same shade of pale yellow and we're using B&W photos.  I think it will be pretty :)

6.  I'm tempted to put really embarrassing pictures of my family (and ourselves) up in those frames for the first time the family comes over to see our house finished.  I don't know why but I think it's HILARIOUS.  Maybe you'd have to see the pics I chose ;-)  My brother's senior picture... french rolled jeans, HUGE glasses, long hair, dirty sneakers, etc.  Perfect.

7.  I've been making lots of ice cream lately.  It's always a crowd pleaser, but I miss having cake around the house!

8.  Next up for desserts is peanut butter blondies with milk chocolate frosting, but after that I'm baking a cake!

9.  I'm so excited for Duchess, PBS, and family :) It's about time you get some good news, girl!

10.   I've had the best idea for a baby-girl name that I've been thrilled about for the past few weeks (I know, cart before the horse).  Yesterday, while grocery shopping, I heard a lady yelling at her daughter and she was using my name!  :(  I thought I was so original.  Oh, well, I have plenty more ideas!

• 11. I just read CT's newest blog entry and now I'm crying!  Oh, man, how sweet can one little boy be.
  • imagemandykatie:

2. I've been wanting to have my own chickens for a while, and this egg recall isn't helping matters!  I don't think it will happen for quite a while, though.

We got 5 chicks earlier this year and they are already laying.  They are so easy to care for and very low maintenance.  The hardest part about having them was building the coop.  I let them free range during the day and put them back in the coop in the late afternoon.  We have a regular house with a regular sized yard and they are happy as clams.

• 1. Our inspection is in 2 1/2 hours.  I'm kind of excited and a tiny bit nervous.

2. Our kitten refuses to use the litter box and is pooping all over the house, now one of the older cats has started pooping just outside the litter box too.  I'm stumped on how to solve this problem.

3. We finally bought a water filter that attaches to the faucet, no more being out of clean water for days at a time!

4. DW bought ceiling fans for the bedrooms and is afraid to put them up, she doesn't like doing electrical, I'm thinking of doing it just to show her up.  Haha.

5. One of the chickens laid an egg yesterday with a soft shell, it was fascinating.

6. DD loves her bunkbed. Big Smile

7. I went back to vegetarian, the craving for cheese got overwhelming as a vegan.

8. We are going to Gay Day at Disneyland in October, anyone want to join us?

9. We are hoping (I know it's a stretch) that we have a placement by then so we can take her.

10. Time to finish the last bit of cleaning before our SW comes.

• 1. i'm in a funk this week. and i don't like it.

2. i want my house to be clean. we moved the boy's room and our offices over a month ago, and the office is STILL full of boxes because we've been on the go so much we haven't been able to get to it.

3. i would like a day all to myself to just run around and do whatever i want and recharge.

4. i think i might be PMSing. yes, i'm owning it.

5. my wife's birthday is in less than 2 weeks and i have no idea what to do or get her.

6. one of our friends does housecleaning, and we're seriously considering having her come to ours once a month.

7. i might even be willing to pay for her to come twice a month if it makes things easier and leaves us free to focus on other things.

8. but my baby is super cute.

9. and he smiles at me a lot.

10. maybe i'll take a personal day this week.

• imagemandykatie:

6.  I'm tempted to put really embarrassing pictures of my family (and ourselves) up in those frames for the first time the family comes over to see our house finished.  I don't know why but I think it's HILARIOUS.  Maybe you'd have to see the pics I chose ;-)  My brother's senior picture... french rolled jeans, HUGE glasses, long hair, dirty sneakers, etc.  Perfect.

That is hilarious.

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • 1. We had a our first (mini) family vacation last week to Newport RI.  It went great!  We had a wonderful time.  I keep thinking back on it and smiling.

2. I remembered that my stepmom sent me a FB message right after Henry was born - somehting about a Halloween costume.  She is quite the seamstress so I'm wondering if she actually made him something, or if she was just kidding.  Must find out - if not, I need to start doing some browsing.

3. We went way over budget on groceries for the first half of August.  We apparently went to the store like, 5 or 6 times... How does that happen?? We usually go once per week! LOL

4. We're having rainy gloomy weather.  Makes me want to wear sweats and stay in. Which is exactly what we're doing.

5. My first foray into quinoa last night was a success! Going to look up some recipes so we can start eating more of it.

6. Speaking of eating, I should think about something to make tonight.

7. People sometimes ask me what I "do" at home with Henry and if we go places... Um, he's 3.5 months old, so I spend a lot of time nursing and changing diapers...he takes naps...we play...I do dishes and laundry.... I take care of Henry and keep the house in order.  Just that alone is enough to fill most days! When I feel like going out...we go out...to run errands...or wherever...  I don't know I guess I just feel like it's obvious that Henry doesn't take care of himself, the house doesn't clean itself, and meals don't cook themselves...  It seems some people are surprised that 1. That stuff can fill a day and 2. That I am actually quite content being home doing these things.

8.  I have been looking into some things for Hen and I to "do" locally.  Mostly for when he gets a bit older.  Seems like there is a lot in the area, which is nice (play spaces, story times, etc).

9. I returned our Beco Butterfly because we were really unhappy with it.  Anxiously waiting for the Gemini I ordered to replace it to come in! It looks like it's going to be much more comfortable.

10. Okay, I will get serious with the last one and say something that really has been on my mind.  I am very often distracted by the question of whether or not I want to have another baby (if we did it wouldn't be for a few years).  C and I talk about it on occassion.  We both think about more than we should (planners by nature!), and I am kind of driving myself a little bit crazy about it.  I wish I could stop thinking about it.

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagemandykatie:
    11. I just read CT's newest blog entry and now I'm crying!  Oh, man, how sweet can one little boy be.

awwww.  he really is such a sweet thing...when he isn't throwing a fit Stick out tongue

1. I'm so freakin excited that Autumn is around the corner... it is my absolute favorite time of year.
    2. Today is a nice preview of that with a high of 70*.
    3. I think lack of sleep finally caught up to me yesterday. Not only did I forget to lock the dogs crate before I left in the morning, but I then forgot all my pumped milk at work in the evening. Its fine since I had extra fresh bottles from the weekend, plus that is what the freezer stash is for, but it was definitely frustrating.
    4. But my first pump this morning, I pumped 5oz! So that was awesome!
    5. I woke up this morning with my left top eyelid all swollen. It feels like a sty (maybe?), so no big deal, but I just love walking around looking like I got punched in the eye. 
    6. The trains were canceled this morning because of electrical problems, so I had to take a shuttle bus (standing room only) then the El (smelled like pee... yuck) instead. It made my ride in twice as long.
    7. I really really hope things are running by this evening. (Just checked the site and it says things are running again.)
    8. Gwen's 6 month appointment is tomorrow and I'm excited to see how big she got. I'm also excited to spend the morning together.
    9. I'm dying to clean out my closet (and jewelry box). I have too many clothes and don't wear enough of them. I really need to sort them out and get rid of the ones that don't fit anymore, plus the ones I just don't wear anymore, so that I can see what "staples" I need. I sense a big donation to Goodwill coming soon!
    10. And I'm off to go eat lunch... so hungry!

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...
  • imagectbride08:

1) I also hate public speaking.  I'm so bad at it :(  I have a presentation to do in a couple weeks to the high ups and i'm dreading it.

Me 3! Yuck. 

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...
  • 1. This is my second ever TTT, I am a frequent lurker, thought it was time to post

2. My bday is tomorrow. I'm not terribly excited about turning 26, I see 30 looming off in the distance.

3. T was late getting off work this morning (she works graves) so the girls were almost late to school. With DD #1 (A) being sick yesterday, this is so far a lovely way to start off the school year

4.Not looking forward to 3 hours of anatomy lecture this afternoon. I'd rather be home with my girls

5.Trail mix or banana as snack?....or maybe both?

6. I'm nervous about making the right choices as far as work and school. Why wasn't I motivated when I was 20 and 21, when I had very few responsibilities? Hindsight really is 20/20

7. Looking forward to my party on saturday. We are cooking kabobs and drinking cheap wine Big Smile

8. My sister finds out in less than a week whether she is a having a boy or girl...I'm so excited to be an auntie!

9. Hoping to get a good night's sleep tonight. Our kitty Weezy woke me up and midnight and then A was crawling into bed with me at 2 because she couldn't sleep.

10. Trail mix won

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    1. day 2 of daycare went well.  She didn't eat much of the lunch (which sounded yummy to me angel hair pasta, broccoli and sausage)  but ate her bottle fine.
    2. My classroom is coming together.  I moved into a room of a total pack rat who retired.  He left me 6 fishtanks and that was a reduction from the 15 that were there before.  I have gotten rid of so much stuff it is crazy!
    3. There is nothing better thatn a bulliten board that is freshly covered with paper and new borders.
    4. Ella is so tired when I pick her up it is kind of funny she just melts into her car seat.
    5. I miss her while she is at dc but I think she is enjoying it.
    6. I am loving my new car.
    7. My therapist just called and I missed my appointment whoops!
    8. S is getting us lunch and I am so hungry
    9. E's new car seat comes tomorrow!  I am using my mom's carseat right now.  The new britaxes are really nice!  I got cowmooflage and it will look really nice with my black leather seats!
    10. I hope E naps for a good while today so that she is rested and happy when she gets up.
  • Thanks Mandy! We are pretty excited :-)

1. LMC's therapist has declared her current hideous behavior puzzling and troubling. Thank you captain obvious!

2. Because of #1 I now get to spend my days journaling her behavior so she can attempt to find a trigger for this behavior. Fun.

3. We went to an adoption party this weekend. It was so amazing to see that it actually does happen, families do get created this way. Such a beautiful night.

4. At LMC's party this weekend she got a beautiful fluffy skirt. She was so excited she whipped her dress off right in front of everyone to try it on. Not shy at all, LOL!

5. I am so excited for fall. I can't wait to pull out all of our decorations!

7.  I need to start taking better care of myself. I am not feeling well at all.

8. I can't do anymore today.

• imageMrs._F:

9. I returned our Beco Butterfly because we were really unhappy with it.  Anxiously waiting for the Gemini I ordered to replace it to come in! It looks like it's going to be much more comfortable.

That's funny we love our beco.  We do have differently sized babies though!  We didn't use it much as a front carrier though since we were locked in the house for rsv season.  We used it all the time in p-town and it was great and I found it very comfortable.  I have to look up the gemini and see what it is all about.

• 1. I've kind of picked out the new sedan to replace my beloved acura coupe. It is sad. But we'll need something with room for two car seats eventually, I hope. Of course, this is a 2012 purchase (year, not model year!)

2. IUI this am. Funny story but I'll save it for tomorrow Big Smile

3. I'm still bummed about my lack of new job but if I'm still here next year after the theoretical baby comes I'm going to quit and take some time at home. Exciting and scary.

4. I've had 4 sodas today. It is 1:30. Glad theyre diet but still bad!

5. C and I had lunch together. It was awesome.

6. The weather is also awesome.

7. I am so excited for my college kids' season.

8. One of my good friends got a new job and isn't on chat all day anymore and I miss her/it.

9. The weather should be awesome all week.

10. I get to see friends this weekend!!

1. I can't stop thinking about TWB and N2A's little girl. I hope all is well.
    2. I'm having a very productive day at work, which feels great.
    3. DW painted our kitchen and laundry room over the past two weekends and I love the way each room turned out. Painting is such a cheap way to freshen up a room.
    4. We went against the advice in Baby Bargains and bought our stroller over the weekend. I think I might have some sort of crazy obsession with our stroller.
    5. Tonight we will meet with our lawyer to get the ball rolling on the second parent adoption. I know how fortunate we are to have this opportunity, but spending the money is going to stink!
    6. I made zucchini bread for the first time on Sunday and now the whole loaf is almost gone. Time to put an end to the baking.
    7. Fall is my absolute favorite season. I'm so looking forward to chilly, crisp weather and being able to wear hoodies and cords.
    8. We got some good news last week. For the first 3 months of LO's life, DW will be able to fit her full time job into 4 days per week. Her boss is awesome.
    9. I've been wearing flip flops nonstop this summer. Since it's a little chilly today, I tried wearing real shoes. Um, they don't fit...like at all. And I normally had big feet. Now? Monster sized. Boo.
    10. I'm excited for all those TTC.
  • 1. We had Annie's radiology tests today. She screamed nonstop for 25 minutes.

2. After yesterdays bloodwork and todays tests she has major stranger anxiety. We had to stop at the store and if anyone talked to her she would scream. Not fun.

3. The good news is she doesn't have reflux.

4. the bad news is we don't have any ideas what is wrong with her.

5. We made a list of Annie's uesable words. She has 102+ words that she uses on a consistant basis.

6. I am loving the cold weather the last couple of days. Such a nice change from the humidity.

7. I can't wait for this Christmas. We are going home to Minnesota for the holidays. I can't wait to see my family again.

8. Carol is home from work today for Annie's tests. Love having the whole day with my family ( we both work weekends)

9. She has icecream and I may just dive across the room and steal it from her.

10.I think I need a nap more today than Annie does. Wonder if I can convince the family for some family naptime.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. C got me a Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer (HD Pro!)!

2. Yesterday I has a second interview for a career (non-doula) job it went well. I'll know their decision by this time next week.

3. My dad, brother and C's best friend arrive tomorrow night to help us work on the house. This is the exterior/summer round.

4. We're planning on painting the garage, staining the deck, putting in a fence on the side (we have hedges) and an exhaust fan in the bathroom.

5. We're going to the Storm (WNBA) playoff game tomorrow night. I would have never guessed I'd like to attend games, but we've been to a bunch this season and it's fun.

6. We leave for our England/Scotland trip in 15 days!

7. We'll be there for two weeks. Our longest trip together.

8. I love the weather here this time of year. It's clear, great temps (70s) and breezy. It's starting to change though.

9. I'm working postpartum from 7-11am three days a week right now and really wish I could take a nap, but need to get things done before a 4:30pm meeting.

10. I need to decide what to make first with my new mixer. Any suggestions?

Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"