New Mexico Babies

Who is from Los Alamos?

I assumed I was the only one until Lexicgrace and Rkpearson posted recently.  Anyone else?

I've lived here for 7.5 years and DH grew up here, so this is home, and will probably continue to live until we retire.

Let me know if anyone has questions about baby stuff in town since so far it looks like I'm the experienced mom, eek!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Who is from Los Alamos?

• I guess just the 3 of us so far...not too bad for a small town! Maybe there's some more lurkers. I've definitely seen a fair number of pregnant ladies around lately, but maybe I am just noticing them more now that I am as well!

Rachel

• I haven't been on the message board for a while (studying, studying, studying) Was pleasantly surprised to see even one other person from Los Alamos online.  Tw is great.  I'm going tomorrow for my first check up in Toas so I'll share my experience too.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm here, 3.5 years now.  Feeling the need to reach out since I haven't done the pregnancy gig in 7 years - son 7 next week and daughter 9.  Would love to connect with other crazed ladies who can relate.  I'm a full-time working mom for starters.....
  • Hi Lupin  :)

I've been here for almost 8 years.  I work 3/4 time at the lab as a biologist.  Unfortunately I don't know too many people with kids in the same age range as you.

• Hello,

Looks like we're ticking along right around the same rate.  Sounds like you're a student - I work for the county full time.  Excited to feel a bit more energy compared w/the last few months, but some days its all I can do to stay awake.  I'm interested to hear about Taos as I'm going the traditional ob/gyn route for the first time in Santa Fe.  My first two went the route of different midwives but now I'm going mainstream for insurance purposes (maybe that's wrong, but we're not Labbies and struggle to get by here).

• I'm still trying to figure out how to do this, this message was meant for lexicgrace Smile
  • imagelupinlover:
    I'm still trying to figure out how to do this, this message was meant for lexicgrace Smile

Did you figure out that you can click on the contact button to send a message than view your messages on the left hand side?

I gave birth at the B.C. in Taos, the post after this one is all about it  :)

• Hi everyone!

I am living in Los Alamos right now too. I moved here in March with my hubby and we just found out that we are expecting. I am so excited to be pregnant and happy to have found other moms or moms to be on this board.

Anyone have any tips for us yet? I have not yet decided on a OB or DR. We have our first appointment tomorrow at the Women's Health Center, but I am thinking I may want to deliver in Santa Fe which is where most of my family is and I know more Dr's and people up there.

• imagemgracem505:

Hi everyone!

I am living in Los Alamos right now too. I moved here in March with my hubby and we just found out that we are expecting. I am so excited to be pregnant and happy to have found other moms or moms to be on this board.

Anyone have any tips for us yet? I have not yet decided on a OB or DR. We have our first appointment tomorrow at the Women's Health Center, but I am thinking I may want to deliver in Santa Fe which is where most of my family is and I know more Dr's and people up there.

Congrats!

I know people that have been happy with both the hospitals in LA and SF, do whatever you are comfortable with.  I started at the Women's Health Center in LA and switched to the Birth Center in Taos, where I had DS.

• Hi, sorry it took me so long to respond.  I haven't been checking to board at all.  I am a grad student at UNM main campus in Albuquerque so I travel a lot back and forth. This spring I'll be going in 3 days a week to teach.  I hope I don't go into labor in Albuquerque.  

I was so tired in my first trimester, but felt pretty normal again in the second trimester.  Now that the third trimester is about to start I am finally getting big enough for people to think I look pregnant (as opposed to just overweight).  I'm excited, but also think some new symptoms might surface like back pain, etc.  

I really like the Taos Birthing Center so far.  I am actually going there in part because they also take my insurance, Blue Cross Blue Shield, and they are much cheaper than a traditional hospital birth.  The long drive for routine prenatal visits can sometimes be a pain, but I feel like it will be worth it in the end.  Believe it or not, I'm actually looking forward to my birth experience.

I'd love to be facebook friends with anyone on this post (ie other moms in Los Alamos).  I'm Erin Murrah-Mandril.  Just mention who you are in a message because sometimes I don't respond when I don't realize who someone is. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"