LGBT Parenting

Vent: I'm firing myself.

Installing Tot Loks is not my forte it seems...  I got them on the cabinet under the kitchen sink then couldn't get the locks to open (they are magnetic locks) after I closed BOTH doors.  I hadn't fully tightened the screws on the clasp part because I stripped them so I figured that's what the lock was stuck on.  I was able to remove a small decorative panel on the cabinet front above the doors and reach in and manually release them, then I figured out that I hadn't placed the magnet exactly where it needed to be to release the latch...  Ugh.

Tried installing the next lock on a drawer and stripped two more screws putting the clasp on, didn't even bother trying to get the lock on.

Hopefully my DW can finish up my shoddy job when she gets home.

What sucks even worse about stripping the screws...  I drilled pilot holes so they would go in easier and I still stripped them.

Vent over. 

AngryEmbarrassedStick out tongue

Re: Vent: I'm firing myself.

• those things are the worst. the former owners had installed them in the kitchen - but we added them in the bathroom. L had a hell of a time installing them and she is generally very handy.   Sorry you had such a hard time!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I finally got all 4 of them on after a few hour break.  Decided to skip putting them on the drawer and put the remaining 2 on the bathroom cabinet, much easier.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sure I'll have to hire someone to do them at our place.  Neither of us are into these kinds of necessary projects.

I did a shout out this weekend to my area facebook friends to come put together an IKEA dresser/changing table and that worked!!  Had an awesome *** friend come do it in two hours=brought her own tools and cheer.

Whew.

• That's a good idea!  I was so embarrassed today when the SW asked me to open the bathroom cabinet so she could check the meds and the doors wouldn't open...  I remember trying them last night but I was so exhausted that I probably didn't test them before closing them.  I needed to drill the holes deeper for the magnetic part and add the extender so the magnet could work in a thick area of the door.  She said not to worry about it and passed it anyhow.  I was able to pop the lock with a bent hanger after she left but now we have to get a super strong magnet to get into the bathroom cabinets, I tossed the rest of the kit after I got those locks on and knew/thought they were working so I can't just add the extender for an easy fix. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"