Adoption

Lifetime Adoption Center??

I know we don't usually talk about specific agencies... but has anyone ever used this adoption facilitator? Can you e-mail me at lil_mis1 at yahoo.com... i just have a couple questions. Thanks!

Re: Lifetime Adoption Center??

• Hi....I "interviewed" them, and had a pleasant experience.  We did not use them so I am not sure how much help I can be.

I will say, though, if I had to do all of this over again, I would stay away from any agency, law firm, or facilitator that requires a large chunk of money before a match.  We are with a large agency/law firm that requires a large amount of money upfront for advertising.....and while they are great, we've gone 18 months without a match.  We are branching out and networking now, but realize that if we do match elsewhere, we will have spent thousands more than we needed to spend.  

People often say that there's more of a risk for unethical behavior if a large amount of money is due prior to a match.  In my situation, I don't think that's true but it does sort of motivate you to stick with only one agency rather than spread a wide net.

Does that make sense?  If you want to talk more off-line, let me know and I'll shoot you an email.

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • We were rejected by Lifetime because we weren't religious even though they don't purport themselves to be "religiously affiliated".  They wouldn't even answer any of our questions regarding adoption until we filled out an app, and sent a photo of us.  They still refused to answer any questions until we "clarified" our views on religion by "re-answering" their relgion question with a full page response each, at which point they told us they would not answer our questions, nor accept us as clients.

Based on the way they refused to deal with us you'd think we performed some werid religious rituals.  Part of our answer on religion was, "We don't feel you need a chosen religion to be good moral and ethical people" and other things along those lines.  Very neutral answers since we aren't religious, but not good enough for them!

It seemed like they were only out to make money, and they whole, "send a picture with your pre-app", what does it matter what PAP's look like, when there all all different kinds of BM's, that want all different kinds of PAP's?

Good luck with your search, but if you're looking for a different facilitator in Northern California, PM me, and I'll give you the one we used.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • image**AmberF**:

We were rejected by Lifetime because we weren't religious even though they don't purport themselves to be "religiously affiliated".  They wouldn't even answer any of our questions regarding adoption until we filled out an app, and sent a photo of us.  They still refused to answer any questions until we "clarified" our views on religion by "re-answering" their relgion question with a full page response each, at which point they told us they would not answer our questions, nor accept us as clients.

Based on the way they refused to deal with us you'd think we performed some werid religious rituals.  Part of our answer on religion was, "We don't feel you need a chosen religion to be good moral and ethical people" and other things along those lines.  Very neutral answers since we aren't religious, but not good enough for them!

It seemed like they were only out to make money, and they whole, "send a picture with your pre-app", what does it matter what PAP's look like, when there all all different kinds of BM's, that want all different kinds of PAP's?

Good luck with your search, but if you're looking for a different facilitator in Northern California, PM me, and I'll give you the one we used.

oh wow! thank you!! our answers would be the same as yours.... we care more about being good, moral people than belonging to an organized religion.... so i guess we would be out too! good to know beforehand!

i actually live in NJ, but had seen that lifetime works with parents all over the country, which is what caught my attention. does the facilitator you used work with adoptive families from all over??

I had also been wondering about the total cost when you use a facilitator. feel free to e-mail me if its easier :-) Thanks!

• miss1180:

The facilitator we used generally works with prospective adoptive families in CA, but will work with families outside CA for special circumstances such as gay couples looking to adopt.

Lifetime was ridulously expensive for a facilitator, $30k plus (including homestudy, attorney, and BM expenses), whereas our facilitator was $15k (including homestudy, attorney, and BM expenses).  You'll find prices vary depending on where you go, and what part of the country they are in.

It's always nice to work with an agency/attorney/facilitator close to home if possible.  It makes the experience much more personable, and you may end up with a BM in the same state, which really cuts down on travel expenses.  Our DD was born just 2 hours away!

Good luck no matter what you choose!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hi,

I will send you an email. We used them in 2009.

• Friends of ours are using them. I can't really speak for them, but i'm happy to put you in touch if you'd like. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"