Adoption
Options

***HopefulHalley10***

I responded to your post below about adopting older/waiting children.  I just wanted to make sure you saw it.

Good luck on your journey, and if you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Re: ***HopefulHalley10***

• Options

Hi!!!

Thank you for the page; I don't think I would have gone back to see your posts otherwise. I thought your info was very helpful! I actually read it outload to DH haha.  I would love to hear more about your thoughts on the process of adopting an older child internationally.  Did it take longer to get placed; shorter? or about the same? We've been looking at so many options I feel like everything is running together! But I just ordered about 10 books on adoption today so hopefully that will help.

Thanks again

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageHopefulHalley10:

I would love to hear more about your thoughts on the process of adopting an older child internationally.  Did it take longer to get placed; shorter? or about the same?

Adopting an older child from Peru was definitely quicker than it would have been to adopt an infant or very young child.  But we also steered away from one country because we heard they were so good at placing infants that there would be a longer wait for an older child.  That's unusual, though, so I wouldn't worry about that too much.

Really, when adopting internationally, the factor which will affect your timeline most is the processes of the country you are adopting from.  In our case, Peru has a long, slower moving process, so that impacted our total time before meeting M.  If a country moves more quickly, you are likely to meet your child sooner.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"