Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

What do you do with lo on rainy days?

I cannot spend the whole day in the house and lo isn't old enough to be interested in the "aquarium" near our home (it just has a couple fish and turtles and some exhibits that change, now it's about bugs, ewwww) and he is too young for the indoor game place called pizza putt.  My one sister is away on vacation, my other sister is most likely hung over after a wedding she went to last night, and my hubs works.  I guess I can just drag lo around the downtown mall.  Grrrr, I hate rainy days, especially when I am already super cranky!!

Re: What do you do with lo on rainy days?

• Options
    We just laze around the house hangin out in our PJ's.  Play with toys on the floor.  LO would probably be interested in the aquarium.  I took DD to the zoo the other day and she was actually interested and looking at the animals.  She was most interested in the aquarium part.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yeah, he might like the aquarium a little but it is sooooo small and expensive.  I wish we had more to go to around here!  I was thinking barnes and noble too.  I just need a couple hours out.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Do you have an activity centre around like a Gymboree?  They offer free trial classes.  That would kill an hour, lol.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

imageJoannaR1381:
    Do you have an activity centre around like a Gymboree?  They offer free trial classes.  That would kill an hour, lol.

I wish we did but no.  I am shocked we don't have stuff like that around here though.  Closest is somewhere around Montreal and that is about 2 hours away.   

• Options
    I was just wondering what to do as well.  We were plannign to go to Salem, MA, for the day but won't be doing that in the rain.  Our local mall just reopened Friday after being closed since March due to the flood so I would not dare go near it since I'm sure it will be crazy.  I'll keep thinking as well. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Our plan for today:

-When H wakes up I'm going out to get us bagels & cofee.

- We'll all hang around in our pj's and play with DD

- We're going out shopping for new toys for DD and a new dog bed for our pup.

- home to nap & cook dinner & relax :-).

• Options

How about your public library?  Our are pretty cool for hanging out on the floor with LO and looking at books and/or just playing in a place that's not home.

Go to the grocery store for just a little something (you don't want tons of stuff to have to carry in).  My DD really enjoys sitting in the cart and looking at stuff and people.  Walk around slowly ;-)

Coffee shop?  We have one that actually keeps a bin of toys and has a carved HUGE tortoise for kids to play on.

Big book store like Barnes & Noble.  It has a coffee shop in it so you could get a treat for yourself and the kid section is fine for hanging out in with LO for a little bit.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    We usually go swimming at the pool, or to grandmas house, or we just be lazy in our pjs all day long!
  • Options

imagedaisy_dueller:
    We usually go swimming at the pool, or to grandmas house, or we just be lazy in our pjs all day long!

I wouldn't recommend swimming in the rain.

Yesterday I had DS alone all day and it wasn't raining but it was way too hot to be outside. We woke up lounged around, he took his morning nap, I showered. Then we left went to Subway for lunch (like get out and eat) then we browsed through target for a good hour, then hit the grocery store for a few items we needed, then came home and DS took his late afternoon nap. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"