Secondary IF

Adoption website made me sad...

Wow.  I was lurking on the adoption board, b/c DH "may" be warming to the idea.  I went to a rec'd website and on the very first page, there are dozens of listings of birthmoms and the children they have for adoption. 

So. Many.

Then I came to a 33 y/o woman who is giving up her 2 and 3 y/o daughters and wants minimal contact after the adoption.  My heart just broke.  What I wouldn't do to have siblings for my DD, and dear lord, I would die if I could never see her again. 

I guess I will consider myself blessed that I have NO IDEA what events in life would lead me to giving up my daughters, especially after having known them for so long.  Oh... and those poor girls.

Doriimage
"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Miracle DD born 12.2005
TTC #2 since Dec 2008 w/ PCOS
***P/SAIF Always Welcome***

Keep it Natural, Baby!

Re: Adoption website made me sad...

• Although I have considered the thought of adoption, it breaks my heart to read the stories and see the faces
  • imageJMay:

Wow.  I was lurking on the adoption board, b/c DH "may" be warming to the idea.  I went to a rec'd website and on the very first page, there are dozens of listings of birthmoms and the children they have for adoption. 

So. Many.

Then I came to a 33 y/o woman who is giving up her 2 and 3 y/o daughters and wants minimal contact after the adoption.  My heart just broke.  What I wouldn't do to have siblings for my DD, and dear lord, I would die if I could never see her again. 

I guess I will consider myself blessed that I have NO IDEA what events in life would lead me to giving up my daughters, especially after having known them for so long.  Oh... and those poor girls.

That is so sad. Where is this adoption board? On here? i don't see it.

• Loading the player...
  • When my FIL was 11, his mom decided she didn't want him or any of his siblings anymore.  He ended up floating from foster home to foster home until he was 18.  So sad and it definitely messed him up.  So sad.  I can't understand what events would lead to a decision like that.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Definitely heartbreaking.  My sister adopted a little girl, she was in an orphanage until she was 18mo and put up for adoption, but the pictures she has shown me of all of those kids at the orphanage just break your heart.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That is a sad story. :(

But it is very exciting that your DH is opening up to the idea!  With my DH, going to the mini orientation meetings and being able to get his questions answered has been very helpful. :)

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Wow. I can't imagine giving my 3yo up for adoption. I am contemplating whehter or not we'll have to put her in daycare PT once the baby comes, and that's enough to make me cry! So sad :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"