Pregnant after 35

35 wks & coping with home mold remediation Ugh!!!!

OK ladies - I just need to vent:   How can I get ready for the baby when I have contractors in my home ripping down walls????

The whole project started off innocently.  Having 2 other kiddos at home (one with allergies) I had an air quality study done - just to make sure that air quality was ok prior to bringing our LO home. 

While doing the on-site air-quality testing the inspector caught a moisture problem with 1 wall in my master bath (adjacent to our laundry room).  After we notified State Farm their contractor came over, ripped down a few walls and discovered that our dryer vent ductwork had somehow come apart about 4 feet up inside the wall - dumping moisture, lint, etc... inside for lord knows how long. 

Good news is it is all covered by insurance...and I get to pick out new wallpaper or paint/texture for our master bath Big Smile

Bad news is that I am only 27 days from my scheduled C-section date and I am already having contractions. 

I'm being optimistic and hoping that my impending delivery will get the contractors to finish this project ASAP!!!

Re: 35 wks & coping with home mold remediation Ugh!!!!

• Ick - but, on the up side, men can move pretty quickly if they think they may have to help deliver your baby while you wait for the rescue squad. Can you walk thru the room occasionally holding your belly and moaning?Wink
    8 month cutie

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Lol - I'm thinking that after they witness a contraction or two they might start working double overtime.   Very relieved that we are getting this fixed prior to LOs arrival - just wish that I didn't have to deal with this headache at the very END of the pregnancy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Agree with PP :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh no, that sounds terrible. I am glad you are having it fixed now though. Better than say, a week after baby comes! I really hope they finish up soon for you.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Pleased to report that although the walls are still down (we are still de-humidifying) - the mold worries are gone!   

The repair crew that was doing the remediation also offered additional services - so I decided to have them clean and sterilize our HVAC system (AC vents).  

I hadn't ever done this in a house before - it was pretty amazing to watch.  They take down all of your AC grills and seal off the openings to all but 1 vents - then they use a huge noisey suction machine to do the cleaning/sanitizing.  Once they finish with the suction machine they manually scrub the vents and grill cover plates inside and out (the grills plates looked brand new).

You should have seen all the stuff that the machine pulled out of the vents - very gross.  A VERY noisey process but well worth the money - pleased to know that the air in the house will be very, very clean when our LO arrives!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"