North Dakota Babies

NBR: Home remedies for laryngitis?

Does anyone have any home remedies they use for laryngitis? I have been battling a nasty virus all week and yesterday afternoon laryngitis set in. I sound much worse than I feel. Tomorrow is my BIL's 1st birthday party and I really want to go! I'm afraid if I still sound like this tomorrow they are not going to want me to come :-(

I've been drinking lots and lots of water. Eating soup and drinking tea too. I've never had laryngitis before, is there any hope or do I just have to wait it out?

~Sarah & Jason~June 12th, 2009~Siesta Key, FL~
Planning Bio Married Bio *Work In Progress*
Formerly Knottie Soon2beMrs.G_09
Anniversary

Re: NBR: Home remedies for laryngitis?

• I get laryngitis twice a year - October and April. The most help I've gotten is by gargling with warm saltwater, and adding lemon and honey to hot tea, but for the most part I just end up waiting it out for about 3 days. Sorry Sad
    married 7.3.08 - mc 8.10 - dd 6.4.11 cp 10.13 - bfp 11.13 edd 7.22.13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I second the gargling with warm saltwater.  I also recommend gargling apple cider vinegar with a little warm water.  I usually do the vinegar gargle first followed by the saltwater.  Yucky, but I think it helps.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you ladies! I'm going to try those out. I was reading on webmd that it could take up to two weeks to go away, yikes! I hope that's not the case. Hopefully I'll be back to normal by Monday.
    ~Sarah & Jason~June 12th, 2009~Siesta Key, FL~
    Planning Bio Married Bio *Work In Progress*
    Formerly Knottie Soon2beMrs.G_09
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"