Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

How often do you say "I love you"

To your LO?

I try to at least once a day. My parents were good parents, but didn't really say it. Now when they do, it feels really awkward. I don't want that to happen with us...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How often do you say "I love you"

• Options

I say it at least 10 times a day......I can't help it, I look at her and I just have to tell her how much i love her---she just melts my heart!

• Options
    imagecait0324:

To your LO?

I try to at least once a day. My parents were good parents, but didn't really say it. Now when they do, it feels really awkward. I don't want that to happen with us...

This exactly...I haven't heard my mom or dad say "I love you" to me in at least 15 years!  I tell Max at least 3 times a day (wake up in the morning, drop off at daycare, and at bedtime) and more on the weekends (before each nap) .

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Always before bedtime at least.
  • Options
    he hears it a million times a day. thats the best way to get a smile outta him. that may be his first words! Instead of bye I say I love you, DH gets the bests smiles outta him when he tells him he loves him :) My family and DH's family are big on the I love you's
  • Options
    I honestly couldn't tell you how many times I say it.  I tell her probably 10 or 15 times a day.  I can't help myself! lol
  • Options
    I say it about a million times a day, we'll see as he gets older.  I don't remember my parents saying it much either, but maybe they did when we were really little babies, who knows.  Either way I am sure I'll keep saying it constantly to DS at least until he starts getting embarrassed of me...lol!
  • Options
    I tell her over and over, all day long. My parents were big on telling us they loved us, my IL's not so much. I've gotten them to say it a lot in the last 3 years. I do love my IL's and I tell them so. It's important to say those words to the people in your life.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

a bunch, but I don't really count.

But definitely at bedtime

~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• Options

i say it so much that i have no idea how often!

when i change her diaper i always sing say

'i love you, yes i do yes i do. i love you my bugaboo'

AND at this age, diaper changes take a long @ss time! hehe

• Options

honestly.....hundreds of times a day.  hundreds.

and every time before i put her to sleep i ask her..."who loves you Piper? " and i name everyone in the family (sometimes i exclude the in laws--so bad of me, i know), and then i say, "but who loves you the most?  that's right, mommy & daddy do--we love you more than anyone will ever love you."

photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • Options

imageslmcronelaw:
    I honestly couldn't tell you how many times I say it.  I tell her probably 10 or 15 times a day.  I can't help myself! lol

This.  He probably gets sick of hearing it.  LOL

(c) Holly Aprecio Photography - Oct 2011

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageelissa808:
    he hears it a million times a day. thats the best way to get a smile outta him. that may be his first words! Instead of bye I say I love you, DH gets the bests smiles outta him when he tells him he loves him :) My family and DH's family are big on the I love you's

Us too!

• Options
    i must say it 20 times a day.  especially mommy loves you... trying to get him to say mommy
  • Options
    I tell her at least 5 times per hour.  It just comes out.  Gah!  I had to tell her again while I was typing this.
  • Options

Multiple times during the day.  DH and I especially make a habit of saying it to Lo and each other before we leave or go to bed.

I don't say it with my mom very much and when she says it its weird; my dad and I say it each time we speak/see each other.  My parents are still married, the relationship with my dad is just different than the relationship with my mom.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I say it for all her nicknames.  I love you snugglebean, I love you eudesu, I love you elby, I love you little, I love you bear and I KISS, KISS, KISS and NOM NOM NOM her cheeks.
    MY BLOG image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    All the time.  I couldn't count.
  • Options
    More then I can count. My parents weren't big on "I love yous" and I intend to be very different in that respect toward my child.
  • Options
    I say it alot. Even more when I'm getting ready to leave her for something. I must say it at least 10 times before i walk out the door. My mom, brother & me always used to say i love you before we left the house just incase that was the last thing we told each other. Even when mad at each other we made sure to say it. So I make sure to say it to Raellyn now. :-)
  • Options
    Several times a day.  My parents always told us that they love us, still do.
  • Options
    Everyday. I always say it when he wakes up in the morning or after a nap because he's just so darn cute, I can't help it!
  • Options

As often as I exhale!!  Seriously, my son is going to hate those words when he gets older!  I can't help it. 

I can't remember how much my mom told me but my sister doesn't seem to think our Mom was big on "I love you".  I can't say either way but it's not going to stop me from saying it.  I think it's really important.

• Options
    All the time!   I don't know an exact number, and it probably varies every day but I just can't help myself when he smiles or laughs or does something sweet!  Even when I am annoyed that he didn't nap as long as I wanted him to, I will walk into his room and just can't help myself from hugging, kissing and saying I love you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"