South Florida Babies

Back from 6 week PP check up/BC ?....

So today was my PP check up and it went went :) We took J with us so Dr. K and his nurse could see him. They both agreed he's a completely different baby then what they saw @ his circ. a week after he was born. He was in a good mood this morning so it worked out great Lol

I am happy to report that I weight 22lbs less than the day I gave birth to J! Considering I only gained 2lbs the entire pregnancy that puts me at 20lbs less than my pre-pregnancy weight. WOOT! I should have a baby twice a year!  

All my lady parts look good :) and I've been cleared for all extra curricular activites. That wasn't until after Dr. K reminded me to be very careful playing tennis since I can get "knocked up" really easily the first couple of months after having a baby. He also asked if the term "irish twins" rang any bells Lol. He's nuts.

So needless to say, birth control was a big topic at this appt. after going over a few options I opt'd for the NuvaRing. Is anyone on this? How do you like it? Dr. K says to wait till I get my first PP period so what did you use for BC until then?

TIA!

TTC #1 May/June 2008
CP 7.19.08
Dx with PCOS 3.27.09
HSG 7.15.09 = All clear
8.09 & 9.09(re-try) IUI #1/2 - Clomid 100mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel=cancelled due to cysts
10.09 IUI #1/2 - Clomid 100mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel Crinone 8%=BFP!
22mm Follie / 60mil & 48mil post wash counts Beta #1 (14dpiui)= 102 Beta #2 (18dpiui)= 714 12.3.09 HB 135bpm

Our baby boy was born on 7.8.10 @ 38 weeks 2 days! 2:17pm 6lbs 8oz 20" long
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
TTC #2
HSG 2.2013 - IUI 1/2, 3/4 = BFN - Took 4 month forced break
IUI 5/6 Clomid 150mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel ( 11 & 15 mil post wash counts) = 2ww

Re: Back from 6 week PP check up/BC ?....

• Woo-hoo!!

LMAO @ irish twins! You could be like Britney Spears ;) 

I have never gone back on any kind of hormonal BC, we use condoms, but I've heard mixed things about NuvaRing.  I *believe* that was what caused Jenny (BritishBride) to have a stroke.  Jenny, correct me if I'm wrong.  I'm fine using condoms.  I felt weird at first about it, but got used to it pretty quickly.

image image

• Congrats on the awesome weight loss!!!!!! You go girl!!!

As for BC, I had gone back on the pill but for maybe a cycle because I started getting HORRIBLE headaches. So I opted to stop it and deal with condoms. I sorta chart my cycles too but since there is no guy in the picture I really can slack off a bit Embarrassed at least for the time being Wink

• Loading the player...
  • Glad all checked up fine... and congrats on the weight loss!  That is awesome.

Since we have 4 frozen embies, we don't want to go for any children naturally anytime soon, so our plan is for me to go on BCP once babies are here.  I was on them prior to TTC, and it worked great for us.  However, on occassion, we have used condoms, and it works for us too.  Neither one of us minds... gotta do what you gotta do!

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Congrats on the weight loss and glad to hear everything is well!! I've never used the nuvaring myself but I have heard encounters from some patients. It really depends on how comfortable you feel inserting and removing it. If you are ok with that, then it's great, you worry about it only twice a month! Unfortunately, like Sam mentioned, any kind of hormonal BC can have side effects; not just the nuvaring; but they are rare.I used the mini pill with my last pregnancy and it is a pain in the butt since you have to take at around the same time every day. Not sure if you are breastfeeding but it does have it's perks as well. If you exclusively BF, your baby is less than 6 months old, and he feeds around the clock, and you have not gotten AF, then chances of pregnancy are tiny. I wouldn't go by this exclusively though if you don't want to get pregnant but it's basically just as good as some other methods. In the meantime, while you await to start the nuvaring, good ol' condoms may be your best option. Good luck! I get to worry about this in a few weeks as well. ;)

Laura 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I went on Nuvaring after Camy...I was waiting for my PP period, but my OB said if I wanted, I could just start it that Sunday, so I did and never had any problems. I took it out 3 weeks later and got a period. I did spot in between for about 3 months (light spotting), but after that, it stopped and everything was completely normal. BTW if you go onto Nuvaring's site, they have $20 off coupons...I printed them monthly!
    Camryn Grace ~ July 6th, 2009 ~ 7lbs 9oz, 20.5" Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    Brayden Richard Drew ~ December 20, 2010~7lbs 9oz, 20" Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • like pp I  have heard you don't have to wait until you get your first postpartum period to start Nuvaring but if you want to, there are backup methods other than condoms.

DH and I have been using VCF for a few years. it stands for Vaginal Contraceptive Film. I used to use the Nuvaring for many years but a year or two before I got pregnant something in my body chemistry changed and I started getting yeast infections on it. I had to stop using it.

VCF = vaginal contraceptive film. it's a spermicide.

Here is a link on amazon if you want to check it out.

We are really happy with this method of BC. it is much cheaper than paying for Nuvaring each month and you don't have to deal with adding hormones into your body. I wish I could afford an IUD but my ins. company won't pay for it. 

We have had 1 or 2 pregnancy scares, but that was our own fault for "user error" :) ie... getting caught up in the moment and not using it as per the directions.

Anyway, when used properly, it works great. I have had many a tennis match during the peak of my ovulation and still have not conceived while using VCF *knocks on wood*

I highly recommend it :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: SIREN.ORG!

• imageMrsLeanna:

Woo-hoo!!

LMAO @ irish twins! You could be like Britney Spears ;) 

I have never gone back on any kind of hormonal BC, we use condoms, but I've heard mixed things about NuvaRing.  I *believe* that was what caused Jenny (BritishBride) to have a stroke.  Jenny, correct me if I'm wrong.  I'm fine using condoms.  I felt weird at first about it, but got used to it pretty quickly.

yep, that was me!

my word of caution on nuvaring:  it isn't common, BUT if you EVER get migraines that last more than 2 days while on it, go to the ER!!  It's a one in a million shot that you will develop a stroke, it's less that causes you to develop DVTs.  Again, not common, and like any hormonal bc, you should always discuss risks with your ob.  Don't let an ob wave off your concerns.  I was told I was i wasn't at risk.  i was 25, 140 lbs, nonsmoker, etc... that's not supposed to happen.  but it did.  so becareful. better safe than sorry, i say!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"