Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

FFFC more of a vent

So it really irritates me when moms think they are better than me or cooler than me bc they let their child CIO.

For ex. I have a friend who has baby who is 3 weeks older than DD. She, her DH and LO were over last weekend, babies were in bed and my DD started to cry; her response ?she?s fine, just let her cry?.

Sorry but it makes my blood boil. Just bc something works for you, that is fine. But it is NMS. It doesn?t mean that bc I don?t let my child CIO I?m not as good as a parent as you and you aren?t a better parent than me bc you do CIO.

I think it is her tone! Even DH commented on it to me ?I don?t know how you don?t just biatch slap her.?

More of a vent than a FFFC.

Re: FFFC more of a vent

• Options
    I concur.  I dislike when any Mom is compared to another.  You raise your children and I'll raise mine.
    (c) Holly Aprecio Photography - Oct 2011

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I got goated into trying CIO and it was a huge fail!  Don't feel bad at all.  We tried it for 4 weeks and the longest we let her cry was an hour.  I am sure it works for a lot of babies, it just didn't work for us.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So aggravating! I was fully prepared to eventually CIO, but I didn't even have to. So they can suck it!!! Bahahaha
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My SIL came to visit when DS was 3 weeks old and was yelling at me to let him CIO when he started fussing a few minutes after I put him down for a nap in his bed. Unsolicited advice sucks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We did sleep training for bedtime because no matter what DS would cry.  Does that mean I think everyone should?  No way, we all know what is best for our own kids and should not push our advice on others unless it is asked for.  Now if someone asks me how I got DS to sleep better, I'll let them know what worked for me.
  • Options
    I could have written the same FFFC/vent. My grandmother tells everyone she can that I am "spoiling" DD because I don't let her CIO. AND my future MIL keeps telling FI that it's something that we are going to HAVE to do..so he's now convinced that it's the only way she's ever going to STTN and has even tried to do it with naps when he's been home alone with her. Grrr.
  • Options

imagekaselizabeth:
    I could have written the same FFFC/vent. My grandmother tells everyone she can that I am "spoiling" DD because I don't let her CIO. AND my future MIL keeps telling FI that it's something that we are going to HAVE to do..so he's now convinced that it's the only way she's ever going to STTN and has even tried to do it with naps when he's been home alone with her. Grrr.

UGH I am sorry! That would really irritate me. I hope my DH doesn't do that when I am not home. 

I don't get why (some) ppl think that it makes them high and mightier and we are WRONG and will have to do it eventually. I just don't get it!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"