Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Laundry Detergent ?

We washed all of Adeline's clothes in All Free and Clear before she was born. Then we had to wash our clothes in it because she would break out when we held her. I really miss that fresh clean laundry smell and want to switch back at least for our clothes, have any of you switched to regular detergent for LO's or your own clothes yet?
DD 12/1/2009
TTC#2 Since May 2012
Dx PCOS February 2013 on Metformin 1500 mg
Met with RE October 2013, we've got a plan!
Surprise BFP on "break cycle" 10/12/13. EDD 6/17/14.
MMC discovered 11/25/13 at 10 weeks. D&C 11/27/13.
BFP 2/8/14 Beta#1: 176, Prog 18! Beta#2:335, Prog, 19.5!
EDD 10/16/2014

Re: Laundry Detergent ?

• Options
    I have used regular detergent on hers since the beginning. But she has never broken out. I'm not sure if I'd switch back if she broke out. Maybe you could buy a small bottle and try one load of your own clothes to see how it works?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have.....we washed one of W's things in it and saw if he had any reactions first.  He was fine so we switched back to our regular detergent. The free and clear stuff just never seemed to get clothes really clean...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We switched back a little bit ago.  I had accidentally thrown one of her onesies in with our stuff, and she was fine, so we used up her stuff and switched.  No problems since.
  • Options
    I washed all of DD's clothes with Dreft before she came home.  And I washed my nursing bras and tanks with it.  But since then, I have washed one or two of her clothes in with ours, using Gain powder, and she has been fine.  I still have 1 bottle of Dreft left, so I am using it until it is gone.  I have heard that regular liquid detergent is more gentle for babies than powder.  So I will probably us liquid for a few months when we run out of Dreft.
  • Options

imageCellobelle:
    We have.....we washed one of W's things in it and saw if he had any reactions first.  He was fine so we switched back to our regular detergent. The free and clear stuff just never seemed to get clothes really clean...

I agree, some of our clothes still smell dirty after I have washed them. 

DD 12/1/2009
    TTC#2 Since May 2012
    Dx PCOS February 2013 on Metformin 1500 mg
    Met with RE October 2013, we've got a plan!
    Surprise BFP on "break cycle" 10/12/13. EDD 6/17/14.
    MMC discovered 11/25/13 at 10 weeks. D&C 11/27/13.
    BFP 2/8/14 Beta#1: 176, Prog 18! Beta#2:335, Prog, 19.5!
    EDD 10/16/2014

• Options
    Since DH has more sensitive skin (he's ok with regular detergent, though) I bought whatever Tide's free version is. When that ran out, I had a major coupon for Dreft, and we're still working on that bottle. DS hasn't had any reactions to our clothes or anything else, really. When the Dreft runs out, we'll do his laundry with ours.
    imageimageimage
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We were using Dreft for about 5 months or so for our LO's clothes and my husband and I were able to use Tide. Gradually we started using Tide on our LO's clothes and things have been totally fine. :)
  • Options

imageCellobelle:

We did this at I think 2 months or so.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"