Military Families

Housing...vent

So, we've been on the transfer list, for a bigger house on post, for about 8 months now.  Originally, we just needed a bigger house because my son has Aspbergers, and cant share a room with my daughter.  That left me and hubs either sharing a room with one of our kids, or on the couches.  We were sleeping on the couches (from about November of last year til about May of this year) but then I got too big to do that comfortably.  So, now I share with my son.  Anyway, when we found out we were expecting twins, I went into the housing office and we got put on the list for a 4br.  The thing is, I also found out at that point, that we werent getting a 3 br since they NEVER PUT MY DAUGHTER ON THE LEASE after she was born.  We gave them the paperwork, and it was mentioned time after time (including on the paperwork the dr filled out to get us a bigger house), but they never told us.  For 3 months we didnt move up the list because they "didnt see the need for a bigger house".  Or some other nonsense.  Ok, so we got put on the list for a 4br, and were told that it would only be another month or two, since there were a lot of people in 4brs moving off post.  Fine.  We finally get a house, have the date that we are supposed to sign for the keys.  This was last Tues (the 17th).  So, my hubs goes to sign for new keys, and they tell him that they tried getting ahold of him last week to let him know the house opened up early and we needed to sign early.  However, he was gone for the last month, only got back on Monday, and didnt have his phone.  Wasnt allowed his phone.  So, instead of trying to call me (and they have my number) they GAVE MY HOUSE TO SOMEONE ELSE!!  When I went to talk to them about it, they said he's the servicemember, so they have to talk to him about it, even though I have POA, and couldnt tell me why they didnt call me to try and get ahold of him.  Grrrr...now we have to wait ANOTHER month before we get a house, maybe.  In the meantime, I am still sleeping in the same room as my 3yo.  Not good.  Once we move, we are going to have to change his routine again.  Sigh.
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Mother to Gavin, born September 11, 2007, and Magdalena, born March 21, 2009, Angel Baby MC February 13, 2010, Cynthia, born August 28, 2010 and gone September 17, 2010, Gabriella, born and gone August 28, 2010, and Abigayle, born March 12, 2012

Re: Housing...vent

• I don't know how housing is run where you're at, so I don't know who to tell you to talk to about this, but if I were you I would definitely figure out who is over their heads and start complaining.  I can't believe you have a 2 bedroom house with a boy and a girl that aren't the same age!  You should already have a 3 bedroom house just because of that.  I mean, I have twins and even though they're the same age we qualify for a 3 bedroom just because they're boy/girl.  I would definitely be complaining to someone over their heads about this.  That is ridiculous that they didn't even try to contact you about the other house as well. 

I hope you get this fixed soon.  I can't even imagine having to share a room with a 3 year old because housing has their heads far up their asses that they can't do their jobs correctly. 

• Balfour Beatty runs housing here.  The thing is, all these "rules and regulations" that they keep telling us about, are NO WHERE to be found in their rules and regulations.  Apparently, because my son isnt 5, a boy and a girl can share a room.  But, no more than 2 heartbeats in a room.  Which, right now we have (if you include unborn) 5 in one room.  However, they change their rules to suit themselves.  We are in a 2 br, but the people across the street are pregnant with their first and have been in a 3br longer than we've been here.  They also make it a priority to give bigger houses to people who have kids from previous relationships, even if they only visit 1 month out of the year.  We've discovered that this company is basically only cares about how much money they bring in, and not about the people they are actually helping.  Too bad I dont want to live off post...if I thought that was an option at all, we'd've been long gone. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Mother to Gavin, born September 11, 2007, and Magdalena, born March 21, 2009, Angel Baby MC February 13, 2010, Cynthia, born August 28, 2010 and gone September 17, 2010, Gabriella, born and gone August 28, 2010, and Abigayle, born March 12, 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • I would seriously consider moving off post.  BB also runs the housing at Fort Carson here, and I have heard horror stories about the way they run things.  We actually live on one of the AF bases here because I was not going to deal with their crap.  Even so, at Carson you still qualify for 3 bedrooms if you have a boy and a girl, regardless of age.  You can accept a smaller house if that's all that is available of course, but you qualify for 3. 

Have you contacted their corporate offices yet?  That would probably be the next step I would take. 

• I too would consider moving off post.  DH and chose not to live on base when we got married because a new company was taking over.  Thank goodness we did!  They are terrible.  They made one of DH's co workers wash his fence after a terrible snowstorm!  The fence was only visible for about 2 ft!

Thats just one of the horror stories.  Besides that, we find that we get more out of living off base.  Our house is bigger and cheaper than what they offer on base.  You could also rent off base.  Or post...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If you have facebook, join this group and tell Dave your story. 

https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2349043240&v=wall&story_fbid=435841818240#!/group.php?gid=113807834313

It will get fixed if you do that.  If you don't have facebook, let me know and I'll get you his contact info.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Graphics
  • Oh my gosh! Where is your DH's first sergeant and commander? Are they aware of the situation? If not, get them involved ASAP!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"