Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Keratosis Pilaris - What works for you?

DD is 21 mos and has pretty bad KP on her arms, legs and bum. My pedi told me not to treat it with anything other than mild baby creams (aquaphor and california baby calendula cream). I have used both and have NOT noticed any difference. What is working for your LO??

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Keratosis Pilaris - What works for you?

• Page g8orell- she always has good advice on these matters!
  • Are you talking about the little white bumps that are almost like little pimples??  I also get them, and find that they tend to be better when I make sure that I'm moisturized.  I mostly use Aveeno baby cream (just the regular stuff) on both DD and I, and I do see an improvement (but they never totally go away).  When they get really bad, I sometimes use a bit of Clean and Clear face moisturizer on it (it's for oily/acne prone skin), and that seems to dry it up a bit.  I'm sure that's not the best, but it seems to work.

**Sorry I butted in, I was just passing through and saw the post** 

• Loading the player...
  • Nothing.  DD has is pretty bad as well...really bad, I would say.  I have it too.  BIL is a dermatologist and we have discussed it multiple times.  He says salicylic acid may help break it down and improve it.  We probably won't be bothering with that at this point.  The moisturizers will help it from getting worse, but sure won't make it better. It will get better with age.  Honestly, from personal experience, I have tried various prescribed creams and nothing makes any notable change.  My DD's is so bad (and on her lower legs) that I have had multiple people ask me if she has a rash, eczema, etc.  Poor bumpy DD.  
  • I recently asked g8orell about this very thing.  Great advice!  Check it out.

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/40415836.aspx

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Christmas PJ's! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"