North Dakota Babies

A funny thing happened today....small world

Today Caroline and I were at the spray ground in a nearby town with my MOMS group.  Of course she was running all around like a wild woman.  I happened to notice this one little girl who was so familiar looking to me.  It finally dawned on me that her mom posts on the Atlanta board.  I only lurk there occasionally, but this girl stood out because her name is Caroline, she is almost exactly a year older than my Caroline and they even look a little alike.

I went over to the mom just to confirm and introduce myself.  I think I freaked her out a bit though.  In hindsight it probably was pretty creepy to have this total stranger come up and know your daughter's name and everything. 

Anyways, just thought I'd share my random bumpie sighting. 

Re: A funny thing happened today....small world

• I think is cool that you went there and said hi...I would have totally done the same thing.
    image   image
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Small world, that's cool that you introduced yourself, I would have been too chicken ;)
    ~Kimberly & Eric~ April 21, 2008 ~Tensing Pen ~ Negril, Jamaica ~ My Blog: One Sunset at a Time
  • Loading the player...
  • uh, yeah I know all about that akward.

"Hi, don't I know you from the OC bump?"

"what's the bump?"

lesson learned: don't talk to people at disneyland you didn't come there with...

Was she nice at least? and a spray ground sounds cool. Don't they have one of those in Irvine?

K+S 9.18.9 | DD #1 age 2 | PG # 5 EDD 9.17.12

• That's cool that you went and introduced yourself.
    Anniversary
  • imagelindeenwedding:
    Small world, that's cool that you introduced yourself, I would have been too chicken ;)

Normally I would have been chicken too, but after moving around so much I feel like I'm always meeting new people so it doesn't really phase me anymore.

• imageMissMex:

uh, yeah I know all about that akward.

"Hi, don't I know you from the OC bump?"

"what's the bump?"

lesson learned: don't talk to people at disneyland you didn't come there with...

Was she nice at least? and a spray ground sounds cool. Don't they have one of those in Irvine?

Yes she was nice. 

They have little spray, pop up fountains at Irvine Spectrum (by Target and Carters) and The District in Tustin (by the bowling alley and Borders) but we never used them because Caroline was too little. 

• I see so many people on other boards FREAK OUT when people come up to them.

I see nothing wrong with it.  If someone came up to me, I'd take it as a compliment that they remembered me.

Fun!

Katy and Brett ~ Runaway Bay, Jamaica ~ October 4, 2008

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"