Adoption

Any Adoptees Adopting?

Hello!  I am new to this board.  I am an adoptee.  I was adopted as a newborn.  I am trying to weigh all my options on having children and adopting has always been top of my list.  I was wondering if there were any fellow Adoptees who are continuing the cycle?  Thanks!

Re: Any Adoptees Adopting?

• I'm not, but I have two friends - both adopted at birth - who are.  One is in the process of foster to adopt (just finished her PRIDE classes!!) and the other is in the paperwork part of their second homestudy.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am just lurking, but my husband was adopted and we are heavily considering adopting. His sister was also adopted and she has adopted 3 children.
    IVF #1 BFN... IVF #2 BFP! TWINS!
    Twins born too early at 23 weeks due to incompetent cervix
    FET #1, IUI #1, 2, 3, 4 - all BFN
    IVF #3 BFP!!! IT'S A BOY! Born July 16th, 2011
    FET #2 BFP! Due February 15, 2013
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Hi! I was also adopted as an infant. DH and I are currently undergoing IF treatments, but we plan to adopt in the future regardless of whether or not we have biological children.
    Trying to grow our family with both fertility treatments and adoption since March 2009 
    IUIs#1-4 = BFN, IVF#1 = c/p, IVF#2 = OHSS, FET#1=BFP
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • me!!!

i was adopted as a newborn, my husband's sister was adopted as a newborn. It just seemed like an almost obvious choice for us.

• Me!  My parents adopted me when I was 5 months old through the foster care system.  DH and I are waiting for our future kiddo through foster to adopt right now. 
  • Thanks for the encouragement ladies!  I am weigh all my options right now and DH is still on the fence.  He would like to try to have one of our own and then consider adopting later.  We will see!  Glad to know I sisters of a feather!
  • I was adopted at birth and my DH and I are in the process of adopting. We dealt with IF since we got married 3 years ago, but prior to getting married we had already discussed that whether we had our own bio children or not, someday we would adopt.  So before doing more invasive procedures to get PG, we figured what better time then now to adopt!
  • I'm an adoptee.  I was adopted at the age of 6 from S. Korea and are now in the process of adopting from S. Korea from the same agency I was adopted through.  I didn't have a positive upbringing so I'm hoping I'll follow all the right steps with our future child.  From reading books already, I've noticed all the steps my mother missed and I can't blame her entirely as I came with some baggage myself but I feel as if she should have prepared properly as she used to be a domestic adoption sw.

DX: Premature ovarian failure
    ::::SAIFW::::: People call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat or a prostitute. - Rebecca West
    WE'VE BEEN MATCHED WITH A SWEET LITTLE BOY!! -4/5/11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"