Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Is this normal? Daycare

I'm so mad!  I guess I was just naive.  I didn't know that the $80 fee we had to pay was an annual fee on top of the monthly rates.  Also I didn't know that the rates could go up every year?  It went from $205 to $210 a week on top of having to repay the $80 annual registration fee. 

Is this normal?

Re: Is this normal? Daycare

• Options

UGH that SUCKS!  Is it a center? 

We're at a home daycare and it is very informal, so theres no enrollment fee or anything.  I think she has to let us know 90 days in advane or something about rate increases.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yes.  When we were looking at daycares before DS was born, we were told that most daycares do this.  They raise their fees once a year and have you re-register and it can be different times of the year for different daycares.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our center does have an annual registration fee. DS has been there two years and the rates have not gone up. I wouldn't guess that it's too abnormal, though. Rates go up on everything periodically (rent, food, everything).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Based on my experience--yes.  I pay a total of $200 for registration fees throughout the year--$150 for the "school year" and then another $50 for summer registration.  I'm not sure about rate increases--hopefully I don't see those any time soon. 

• Options
    Unfortunately it's normal- ugh! Our monthly costs went from $860 to $870 and the annual "supply" fee is $75. On top of that if we want DS to go to music class- it's an extra $35 a month!
  • Options

My daycare has a $35 registration fee due every year on your anniversary date.  The rates have increased a couple times in the 3.5 years we've been there.  They don't do it every year and there is no set time when the rates may rise...but they do give us a few week's notice of them raising so that you have the option of withdrawing your child before the new rates take effect.

The thing about this daycare that threw me is the biting policy.  3 bites in a 10 day period gets you expelled for a week (but still needing to pay for the week).  3 times expelled for a week gets you kicked out for good.  It's good to keep your child from biting but at the time we moved my oldest there he'd bitten a couple times and I was terrified.  Luckily we only had 2 bites with him at this center.

Bianca image.
  • Options
    I'm at a center - We do not have an annual fee, but my rates did go up this year. 
  • Options
    imageredhotchili83:

UGH that SUCKS!  Is it a center? 

We're at a home daycare and it is very informal, so theres no enrollment fee or anything.  I think she has to let us know 90 days in advane or something about rate increases.

Yes it's a center.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"