North Dakota Babies

Dear Dr. Sears

Dear Dr. Sears-

I?ve decided you kind of bug. I appreciate that because of you some parents who would not immunize their children have decided to, after hearing what you have to say on the topic. That makes my job easy. My problem is that you care causing me extra work, like boatloads. You see Dr. Sears, a lot of your patients attend my school. A lot of their parents have forgotten to get that Hep B vaccination that you suggested to delay. California requires that students have it, to attend school, so I have to call them and remind them they forgot to get the dose. I?m really busy right now. Can you remind your patients when you want them to get the vaccine so I don?t have to. k thanks.

Feel free to flame away if you must, I need to vent becuase I want to go home and play with my baby and I can't because I'm stuck at work.

K+S 9.18.9 | DD #1 age 2 | PG # 5 EDD 9.17.12

Re: Dear Dr. Sears

• Funny, we are following his vaccination schedule, & I was just looking the other day to remind myself of when R needs to get the Hep B so we don't forget about it. Sorry you're having a bad day. I hope you get to go home soon!
  • I personally dont have any problems with his schedule at all, I am just so tired of calling people, I have so much other stuff to do & I have to waste my time to do this. His office staff is really nice and easy to work with, I'm sure they do  tell parents to come back at age xyz, parents just forget. I'd probably forget too.

• Loading the player...
  • ((Stepping on soapbox))

I think you should take issue with the state or the AAP, not Dr. Sears.  I do not understand why on earth the AAP recommends this shot for infants whose mother's have not tested positive for this STD.  Hayden has not had it yet & I don't plan to give it anytime soon- if at all. 

Krissie, I see your aggrevation, but I truly think Dr. Sears knows best in this case. 

((Stepping off...for now))

• I'm not entirely sure you understood my post Carrolyn, and I'm sorry I wasn't clear on this.

Dr Sears is the actual physical pediatrician for the children I'm referring to. His office sees my students, as it's in a city many of them live in. Dr sears suggests to the patients that he sees himself to follow a delayed schedule for the vaccine. He recommends to the patients that he treats himself to have the series, regardless of a schedule some doctors claim to be modeled after his. I can't go into further details because I'll violate hippa laws.

I was pissed off today because I had to spend an extra 3 hours calling parents who forgot to have the series done. These were not parents who didn't want the vaccine in the first place. They can opt out legally if they want. I was talking about parents who wanted their children to have it and forgot.

as I've said in the past,I don't care much to participate in the debate. I just hope that people fully understand why they are doing what they decide. I've done my research, i hope people do their own.My family and I vaccinate ourselves because that's what works for us.

I'm just angry because I had to waste time that I could have spent on legitimate health concerns, of children who have actual problems or at home w/ my baby, because a dr's office didn't remind some people to get a shot.

• imageMissMex:

I'm just angry because I had to waste time that I could have spent on legitimate health concerns, of children who have actual problems or at home w/ my baby, because a dr's office didn't remind some people to get a shot.

I would be annoyed too, especially because you were missing out on quality time with your LO.  ::passes you a brownie::

• imageButterflie6381:

imageMissMex:

I would be annoyed too, especially because you were missing out on quality time with your LO.  ::passes you a brownie::

::::and a glass of vino::::

• I have to post and run because I don't have much time, but please don't think I'm trying to offend.  I just get upset at the AAP because they create vax "schedules" for children assuming that all parents are ignorant about their health histories & vaccinating in general.  There is no other reason they would suggest ALL babies get this shot at birth- they have to "dumb it down" to the lowest common demoninator of parent out there (obviously I'm not speaking of anyone on this board because we are all clearly very hip to these issues).  I just think if they placed more responsibility on the parents & on the docs to spend time explaining it- we wouldn't all be pumping our children with this stuff needlessly. 

I do get that Dr. Sears is a doc in your area, but again, I feel the root of the problem is the AAP. 

I'm sorry you had to go through that today!  Tons of vino from me, too!

• Its definitely annoying but I think its a general problem not just his office.  You're probably just getting a lot of the same pediatrician and seeing the same problem.  I remember the school nurse at my high school and she spent days during the first two weeks of school pulling kids from classes to tell them personally they needed to make sure they got their MMR (since Hep B wasn't available then) and also then calling their parents to make sure that they set up the appointment with their doc.  And staying on top of them. 

Hope you can find a way to relax tonight.  I'm sure it's got to be frustrating to deal with just because you have to stay on top of it or get the process going to kick the kids out of school because they aren't compliant.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"