Multiples
Options

low appetite in 2nd tri (with trips)?

I had a few weeks where keeping up with the lots of eating for these trips was easy, I was RAVENOUS. Now I'm finding that I feel full so quickly (lunch was just a sandwich and I was stuffed) and I'm not hungry for snacking.  I'm also starting to feel gassy/heartburn after I eat.  Boo.  

What were your tricks for getting your babies the extra calories even when you don't have much of an appetite? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: low appetite in 2nd tri (with trips)?

• Options
    I'm in the same boat. Looks like we're going to have to visit a binge eater message board for help. Stick out tongue
  • Options
    Monty, obvs I don't have trips, but I'm also filling up quickly! I started drinking protein shakes in the morning and loading them up with calorically dense foods - i.e. whole milk, protein powder, a nut butter (almond/peanut/etc.), vitamin supplements and then frozen fruit. It typically makes about 16-20 ounces of shake which most mornings I can drink fully (some days not all of it) and that's giving me a good calorie/nutrition boost during the day. HTH!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagenikinikinine:
    protein shakes in the morning and loading them up with calorically dense foods - i.e. whole milk, protein powder, a nut butter (almond/peanut/etc.), vitamin supplements and then frozen fruit. It typically makes about 16-20 ounces of shake

this

• Options

Eat several smaller meals a day, also, try to drink a protein shake and eat a protein bar daily.   I also got rid of our lowfat milk and drank whole milk.

I think the extra protein helped a lot!  My twins are in the 75th percentile, which I credit with my morning protein beverages. 

TTC since Jan. 07
    6 IUIs,IVF #1 w/ICSI = BFP!
    Betas, 332 & 856 = twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Our baby girl is here!
  • Options

ditto pp's. protein shakes mixed with whole milk or high fat ice cream. basically any high fat/calorie dairy you can find. I used to make it sort of a game to see how many calories I could pack into one milkshake, and then I bragged on FB about all the yummy shakes I was eating so that everyone else would be jealous. Stick out tongue

good luck!

• Options
    imagelnle:

ditto pp's. protein shakes mixed with whole milk or high fat ice cream. basically any high fat/calorie dairy you can find. I used to make it sort of a game to see how many calories I could pack into one milkshake, and then I bragged on FB about all the yummy shakes I was eating so that everyone else would be jealous. Stick out tongue

good luck!

Exactly!! Protein shakes and ice cream and i just packed lots of small portions of items to eat through out the day.  so even thought i could not eat much at one time, i was eatting more ofen during the day.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"