North Dakota Babies

Apology & other questions

There's a difference between caring & being passionate about what you're talking about and being a pain in the arse.  And I'm concerned that I crossed the line with the Babywise post which I apologize for. 

Any suggestions for dealing with these 3rd trimester hormones that seem to take over my mental capacity?  It doesn't help I'm sarcastic by nature but lately I've been a lot more reactive, which I hate.  Is that supposed to be "normal"?  I know a lot of you girls have been through the 3rd trimester so I'd love your advice or suggestions for getting through it without annoying everyone around you.  Kind of like avoiding the idea of throwing the baby out with the bath water.  Thanks!

Re: Apology & other questions

• Sounds like we have the same personality and that 3rd tri is going to be lots of fun for those around me. :) Can't wait to see what others have to say. The only thing I have a hard time with in 2nd tri and crying for no reason because my feelings get hurts over nothing. Loads of fun when I can't make it stop. Hang in there!
  • I must have missed the "Babywise" post -- but just wanted to say that I was pretty BSC in my 3rd trimester.

I was not the cry at the drop of a hat kind of pregnant woman - I was the get out of my F'ing way or I'll snap your head off type. LOL. My poor DH.

ETA: I think I was actually worse the first couple weeks after I had Sophia. Everything everyone did pissed me off. I wanted to kill anyone who dare question me or do something differently that I would have done it. It was bad. I'm better now but I'm still sarcastic, just the way I am.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker ashley jordan est. 06.07.08 | siesta key, fl
  • Loading the player...
  • No need to apologize. We don't all need to agree and there is nothing wrong with a little debate, its just funny how you can think you know how you are going to parent but until you've had a child and see their personality as well, you have no idea how it will go.

imageAshNicole331:

ETA: I think I was actually worse the first couple weeks after I had Sophia.

My PP hormones were way worse then any pregnancy hormones.  Stick out tongue

~Kimberly & Eric~ April 21, 2008 ~Tensing Pen ~ Negril, Jamaica ~ My Blog: One Sunset at a Time
  • I must not have seen this post yet either, but again, no need to apologize.

I'm not sure if you remember, but for at least the last month of my 3rd tri, all I did was b*tch about why I was the only one not having my baby.  I was downright miserable about still being pregnant.  Unfortunately, I don't think there's much you can do about it. 

As for the PP hormones....I cry at EVERYTHING!

• For me, the 1st tri was much worse than the 3rd in terms of hormones.  But then again, I only made it to 35 weeks so who knows how much worse I would have gotten?  lol  What I did was just basically talk to everyone I saw/spoke to regularly and told them "I apologize in advance if I'm ever going to have a hormonal pregnant B moment with you.  You know I love/respect you and would never intentionally be mean to you.  But sometimes my body has other plans.  So I'm sorry in advance."  and that was it.  Of course, I did my share of actual apologies along the way but either I wasn't as offensive as I thought I was or people actually understood that it wasn't COMPLETELY my fault.

And I hate to say it, but 3 years down the road, I'm still more sensitive and hormonal than I was before dd.  I cry at movies and ASPCA commercials and I'm more likely to have things "get to me" - which I NEVER had trouble with before.  But it's better than it was and if I had to choose between having dd/being hormonal and not having dd/being more mellow, I'd choose dd every single time. (Tearing up as I typed that.  lol)

• During Third tri I was often irrationally angry and would go OFF about things before my brain would remind me that my hormones were running the show. I tried to keep it off the boards though because I was able to type something out, walk away, then come back to edit it in a way that made me sound less crazy. Just warn the people close to you :) we all get through it.
    Siggy Deleted Due to Internet Stalking. Mama to Q, born July 2010
  • No need to apologize, you are completely entitled to your own opinion!! 
  • I don't see any need for an apology. I love to see a little debate on here every now and then. I could tell you before E was born I wasn't going anywhere near AP w/ a 10 foot poll. Since she's here, It's not really our style but I can def see now,  how it would work wonderfully for some parents & babies. I see things differently because I am a Mother.

The thing that I've realized about becoming a mom is its my journey. I don't need a doctor with no kids to write a book for me to follow. The blog where the mom of 6 lays out what works for her isn't for me either.(I'm using generalizations here) I go by what my instincts tell me, by my life experience. There sure as hell is no manual that is going to come with baby, but you will be able to feel what is right for you and your child.

Oh and in my 3rd tri I threw a lawn chair and a bag of potatoes among many other household items at DH. I never posted but I had meltdowns that rivaled Cristina's infamous "night o' wire slapping".

K+S 9.18.9 | DD #1 age 2 | PG # 5 EDD 9.17.12

• imageeamaines:
    No need to apologize, you are completely entitled to your own opinion!! 
    Yes! and this too!

K+S 9.18.9 | DD #1 age 2 | PG # 5 EDD 9.17.12

• Thanks girls.  I know that for the most part everyone on this board is really good at having healthy discussions about important topics which I fully appreciate.  I've never been hugely hormonal (or so I think) until I got pregnant.  Which I think is partly why its driving me nuts. 

Maybe if it wasn't such a headache to edit a post sometimes I would feel less bad about it.  I'm definitely not looking forward to the PP hormone mess, but at the same time trying not to worry about it (and possible PPD).  My mom was giving me crap last week about taking newborn care classes and such saying it should be intuitive.  I just want to be prepared so I don't miss something important that I should catch that should be a red flag, which I think most moms (or anyone else would) understand.

We'll see what happens, one day at a time (how else are you supposed to do it?).  Thanks for the kind words.  I really do appreciate them.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"