Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

BLWers - How's it going?

I feel so alone in this process as I don't know anyone IRL that does BLW so I thought I'd just ask how everyone was doing.

Corin absolutely loves food, he especially likes foods with big tastes like lemon, kiwi, and radish!  He hasn't really turned away anything besides red pepper. He seems to be entering a stage of wanting to eat everything we are eating and accepting no substitutes which means I have to make sure we're all eating healthy foods. (ie. if we have chicken, veg & fries for dinner we normally only give him the chicken & veg but if he sees us eating fries he freaks out....so now I make oven fries instead of pre-made fries so he can enjoy everything we eat)

Right now he's tried almost every kind of fruit and veg, chicken, beef, pork, pasta, toast, egg, cheese, peanut & almond butter...the list goes on and on!

I feel like he's eating more everyday and I'm very happy with his progress.  He's still taking the same amount of BM which I'm happy about since food is just for fun at this point.

How are your little ones doing?

Doula, Placenta Encapsulator, Childbirth/Lactation Educator

Corin Andrew Dec 24/09

Ronan Edward Jul 9/12

Baby #3 EDD Aug 6/14

Re: BLWers - How's it going?

• Options

I don?t know anyone IRL doing BLW either, so it is nice to have people on here to talk to about it.  DS is eating more and more each day.  I love when he tries something now and discovers that he likes it, then can?t get it to his mouth fast enough.  It?s so fun to watch him explore his food!

• Options

I also don't know any RL BLW'ers, but things are going great with us!

Ryan is starting to improve his pincer grasp as I will occasionally give him a handful of Cheerios on a morning to distract him while I eat my own bowl, hehe. But like both of your LO's, he really enjoys his food and I think the IL's are starting to come around at what he is capable of. My 1 year old niece still won't hold food or put it in her mouth unless her mom does it for her (she's more visual than oral anyway), and this just helps me justify why BLW was one of the best decisions we ever made for Ryan!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

oh, i'm glad you posted, too. no one IRL here has ever heard of BLW and so i don't know if i'm doing it 'right.'

my baby is almost 7 months old. she LOVES BLW. i do not spoon-feed anything. she'll try everything from limes to sausage to spicy chinese sauce. broccoli, peaches, cherries, and asparagus are her favorites. she hates sweet potatoes and bananas.

her thing so far is just to suck on food and then to spit it out. she rarely swallows anything. is this 'normal' so far? at what point could i anticipate that she'll start to swallow more food?

• Options

I think it really varies from child to child when they actually starting to shallow...but for us it was around 7 months that he started to ingest the food (as evidenced in his diapers!). 

Seems like he's eating more and more everyday and I'm finding less and less in the highchair or his bib.

Doula, Placenta Encapsulator, Childbirth/Lactation Educator

Corin Andrew Dec 24/09

Ronan Edward Jul 9/12

Baby #3 EDD Aug 6/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"