Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Daycare questions...

Mina Mae's 1st day of daycare was yesterday!! She cried when Nate dropped her off, but I called later and she was having fun. However, when we picked her up...I was a little shocked. She had carrots all over her outfit from lunch (we got her at 4:30). She still had carrots in her nose and on her forehead. Also, they changed her diaper 8 times in a 10 hour day. They don't cloth diaper, and we're pretty enviro friendly. I don't want her diaper changed every time there's a drop in it. We change M's at home about every 3 hours, or when she poops. So questions are...

#1. Does YOUR child come home dirty?

#2. Is that a normal amount of diapers to use??? 

After the pox clear up and I can actually enter the daycare, I plan on mentioning these concerns to the workers. If I'm paying for this, I want some say in how things go...Especially about Mina coming home dirty! So gross Embarrassed  And it's an Academy, not some slum down the back roads!! LOL

Re: Daycare questions...

• Options
    imagestephanielynn33:

Mina Mae's 1st day of daycare was yesterday!! She cried when Nate dropped her off, but I called later and she was having fun. However, when we picked her up...I was a little shocked. She had carrots all over her outfit from lunch (we got her at 4:30). She still had carrots in her nose and on her forehead. Also, they changed her diaper 8 times in a 10 hour day. They don't cloth diaper, and we're pretty enviro friendly. I don't want her diaper changed every time there's a drop in it. We change M's at home about every 3 hours, or when she poops. So questions are...

After the pox clear up and I can actually enter the daycare, I plan on mentioning these concerns to the workers. If I'm paying for this, I want some say in how things go...Especially about Mina coming home dirty! So gross Embarrassed  And it's an Academy, not some slum down the back roads!! LOL

At my daycare kids get picked up in better shape than they were dropped off - they get here in pjs with bed head and such.  I would definitely say something once the pox are in remission 

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

#1. Dylan comes home dirty a lot.  He only eats cereal at DC right now.  Yesterday he had it all over his shirt.

#2. I think it is state law that they have to check diapers every hour or two.  I think my dc checks every 2 hours.  Dylan is at dc from about 9am-3pm and he gets about 3-4 diaper changes a day.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageJaysonandKristin:
    imagestephanielynn33:

At my daycare kids get picked up in better shape than they were dropped off - they get here in pjs with bed head and such.  I would definitely say something once the pox are in remission.  oh. and 8 dipes is CRAZY!  Let them know that you'll make concessions, but change no more often than X hours or with a poop 

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

Yeah... Zach usually comes home kind of "dirty".  I give him a bath nightly now to get rid of the daycare funk.  They do change his clothes about 1-2 times a day because of food or drool.  They're usually pretty good about making sure he's in clean clothes when I pick him up but I've stopped by before at lunch and he's had food all over his shirt.  I understand why they wait to the end of the day to change him since he's just going to get the new shirt dirty too.  He's also had food up his nose and behind his ears before!  My guess is they just don't notice it.....

As for the diapers... I know by law my daycare is required to change diapers every 2 hours and change when there is poop right away so 8 diapers may be right if your LO had a lot of poop.  Do you get a report that days what was in the diaper? 

• Options

Every 2 hours for diaper changes at mine. Which seems about normal. I don't think that is unresonable. At home we do every feeding unless he poops but thats every 3.

image www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
  • Options

No, my son is never dirty (except the occasional faded fingerpaint on his hands) when he is picked up.

Some states require diapers to be checked every hour, which may account for the number of diaper changes. My son can be prone to diaper rashes, so I appreciate that they do not let him sit in a wet diaper.

weddingpicjamessmallgracied
    Susan & Mark ... Married June 14, 2008 ... Chicago Area
    James Tomasz born 1-5-10
    Grace Dorothy born 7-13-11

PROJECT BALANCING ACT: BIO and BLOG- yeah... needs to be updated.
  • Options
    Yeah, she had 2 poops and the rest were wet. But I know my daughter, and she's not a peeing machine to need to be changed almost every hour. Oh well. We'll see how it goes today.
  • Options

My kids do not come home dirty. They are cleaned after lunch, and if anything gets on their clothes their outfits get changed.

That is a typical amount of diapers to use. Most daycares have a policy to change once an hour. At our daycare, if you want to go against that policy you have to write a note every single day saying so.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Wow, I feel your pain. I have Emma and Connor both going to the same daycare. Connor is no longer doing field day for daycare because they sent him home filthy every Wednesday (muddy, grass everywhere, sopping wet clothes for me to wash even though there is a washer/dryer on site).

Emma came home dirty a few times and I advised it's not ok with me. She's come home with food in her hair, dried on her face and it's ruined outfits. The last chat with the teacher came when she was sent home in a onesie. Emma has her own cabinet with diapers, wipes, lotions, creams, veggies, meats, fruits, cereals, formula, spoons, bibs, blankets, sheets, and several changes of complete outfits that we provide there. For the amount of money we spend for her there is no reason for her to come home half dressed. Onesies are fine for the house but not school.

You should absolutely let them know how you feel, otherwise they will assume it's ok.

• Options

sometimes

they change her every two hours no matter what- and they have to use SEVEN WIPES per change. UGH!

click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My baby doesn't always come home in the cleanest clothes ... but her face is usually wiped clean.

In my state, state law requires diaper changes every 2 hours or less if a poopie/pee is noticed.   So she may get diapered up to 5x per day or more.

• Options

I would not be ok with Tegan coming home dirty and the one day that she did, I let them know that I was upset that she had food on her clothes and face. I have a lot of pride in how Tegan looks and so I always have 2-3 complete outfits for her at daycare so that they can change her if something does get on her clothes. I realize that it's always a possibility that she can get dirty at daycare, but I shouldn't pick up a dirty baby, because I don't drop off a dirty baby. Plus, when a baby is dirty, it just looks like the people caring for the child didn't care enough to wipe off their face or change them out of dirty clothes.

8 diapers in 10 hours is quite a few diapers. Tegan is at daycare from 7:15-4:00 and she normally gets changed 4-5 times during the day. Of course there are days where it's more often, but that's only if she poops more that day.

I would mention (to the director) about Mina being sent home dirty (you can always call the daycare) and I would ask what their policy is on diaper changes. If their policy is to change once every so many hours and you'd like them to not change her unless she is sufficiently wet or poopy, then they'll probably have you send a note or sign something that releases them from the responsibility of changing her every two hours.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Logan never comes home dirty. And, I never really kept track of how many diapers he uses.Embarrassed She tells us when she is running low and we drop off a new pack the next day that he is there. I don't keep track of it at home so I don't expect DC to do either. I would mention it though when you get to go drop her off.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"