Multiples
Options

A tandem stroller and a smaller car....

So... I have a Honda Accord and my husband has a Chevy Malibu........  We really want to get a small SUV with a hatchback before the babies come to make it way easier to get the double stroller in and out and all the other baby gear. But... we really don't want to spend the money. If you have a smaller car, were you able to make it work with a tandem stroller?  We are on the fence about this. Thanks guys!!!!

Re: A tandem stroller and a smaller car....

• Options
    I had a Jeep Compass and it was a fight to get the double stroller in.  We traded it in for a minivan
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagerobinsokj:
    I had a Jeep Compass and it was a fight to get the double stroller in.  We traded it in for a minivan

I also had a Jeep Compass and just traded it in for a minivan, lol.  But, anyway if you don't have a lot of room why not get a DSNG for now while they will just be in carseats?  That will save you a lot of room! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I don't think a small SUV would give you any more room than the cars you currently have. (We have a Malibu too.) While a SUV's trunk space is obviously higher, your cars' trunks are deeper. They're probably about equal in width. So as long as a stroller folds flat enough you could be fine. You might not be able to fit much else in there, but hey! If you find a stroller you like the store should let you try to put it in your trunk just to see. The super long tandems probably won't work but I wouldn't want to push that kind of a bus around anyway!

ETA: I have a DSNG and it fits in the Malibu's trunk

• Options
    Call me a dumb dumb but what is a DSNG?? Excuse my lack of lingo.. ha ha....
  • Options
    We had a Ford Escape and let me tell you, we had a really hard time getting the DSNG into it.  It was horrible.  And with two rear facing car seats we really had no room.  I was thinking that we would be fine in it but once the babies came we realized it wasn't going to work.  We sold it and bought a minivan.  It is heaven and I can get the double stroller in back plus groceries.  
  • Options

Oh man...  see I keep telling my husband we have to get a bigger car. It's going to be way too troublesome...  I am in a lease with mine which is up in a year so we would have break the lease and put another deposit down on a bigger car, but might be the smartest thing to do that now rather than then and just pay the money! lol.

• Options

Do NOT get a small SUV. You will regret it. We had a Jeep Compass and it sucked. We traded it in for a Toyota Camry (07) and sweet vishnu; the Camry is awesome. We have room for both the tandem or SBS stroller, my husband's softball bag and groceries. It is sooo much easier to get the stroller in and out of the car- having to lug it up into the Jeep was a PITA. You'll be able to get a stroller into your accord with no problems (the accord is about the same size as our camry).

no day but today~ RENT  *HEG survivors*
    ::where a sig pic would go if TB wasn't a d*ck::
     Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"