Health & Exercise

Uterus "tightening"

I enjoy walking on the treadmill and do it everyday.  The other day I felt like jogging a bit, which had been fine but stopped after a min. or two because my lower abdomen (I assume my uterus) started  getting tight.  Is this something to be worried about or is it just my body protecting the baby.  In other words, can I jog?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Uterus "tightening"

• It might have been a Braxton-Hicks? Definitely stop whenever you feel it. I've heard of women needing to slow down in later weeks. You may have to move to something less-impactful such as an elliptical. :) Why not try that out if you keep feeling these contractions. Also, you might want to bump up your water consumption - dehydration can make you get BH contractions.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Sounds to me like BH contractions. I had them pretty regularly throughout the whole second half of my pregnancy, especially during exercise. If you feel uncomfortable, I would just take it back a notch. Don't worry too much about them, though. It's normal!
  • Loading the player...
  • This, and drink LOTS of water.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am a runner and get them from time to time during my runs. Just make sure to stay really hydrated and stay cool to avoid overheating. I have never had more than one during a run, but if I ever start to notice them increasing in frequency, I will definitely back off.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I noticed this around 18 weeks when I was on the elliptical a couple times.  It's also when I started having BH, but this felt different.  I mentioned it to my doctor and along with other issues I was having she told me no more exercise (even short walks) for the rest of my pregnancy.  I would definitely take it down a notch, stop when you feel something like that, and mention it to your doctor at your next appt.

DD's Food Allergies: Peanuts and Rice, Outgrown Dairy!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

8/09 Dx PCOS & Hashimoto's
    BFP #2 12/13/11. Missed M/C at 11w5d, measured 8w6d. D&C 2/1/12
    Never in my arms, but always in my heart.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"