Health & Exercise
Options

Help my shrink my arms!

I've never posted here before, but I thought you ladies might have some good ideas.

My DD is 19m and she loves to be hoisted overhead, lifted all around, etc. So, my upper arms have gotten huge. I am not flabby, it's not a lot of loose skin, but my muscles are not well-defined either.  I wish I had a more toned look but mainly I just wish my upper arms were smaller. I feel self-conscious in sleeveless shirts.

I'm not working out at the gym right now, so any ideas for home workouts would be good. Any thoughts? TIA!

Re: Help my shrink my arms!

• Options

I would suggest to work out your arms with light/moderate weights because the more your work out your arms, the more fat you will burn slimming down your arms and because you aren't using overly heavy weights, your arms won't bulk.

Try and incorporate some pilates arm exercises in there too because that will help aid in creating long, lean toned muscle :) Also, to get those "chicken wings" less flabby, work out the triceps. Hope this helps.

• Options

If you're trying to lose weight in your arms, I'm sorry because you cannot target weight loss to a specific area. Do cardio to burn calories and do strength exercises (like pp said, pilates is wonderful) to build more muscle, which helps to burn more calories.

Women typically do not bulk up with muscle from everyday exercises or even using bigger weights. Sorry pp but using lighter weights is basically pointless. When working out, muscle exhaustion is the goal and  3lb weights won't do diddle to arms that are used to hoisting  a 19 month old around.

Because women are not biologically inclined to bulk up I hesitate to blame lifting your baby for the bigger upper arms. Try working out to slim down a little more and see if your upper arms slim down. But like I said, you can't target areas, you can only acheive weight loss in general.

Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"