New Jersey Babies
Options

Looking for Stroller and Car seat reviews

Hello All! Have been doing research before I go to register and I am interested in hearing some of your reviews and recommendations for strollers and car seats. I was looking at the City Mini Jogging stroller to use as my main stroller but have now seen and fell in love with the Orbit G2 (although it is a little on the higher end of my price range) Help!!!

Re: Looking for Stroller and Car seat reviews

• Options

www.babygizmo.com has EXCELLENT reviews - little video clip reviews with all the info, etc.

The City Mini is not a jogging stroller (it's just made by Baby Jogger)... just so you know - it's a GREAT every day stroller though.

The Orbit is an amazing single stroller - if you can afford all the other parts that make it truly awesome.  I was given a demo on it (was with a friend having her first - i was pg with the twins at that point)... and fell in love with all it did - some really great things ---- but yes, it's $$$$$.  I would only get it if I could get all the car seat options, etc... b/c to me that is what makes it so great to have.

The Birth Boutique in Denville is great with demos on strollers (that's where i saw the orbit demo) and carry almost all higher end strollers you won't find in BBB or BRU - if you want to check things out IRL.

have fun- i LOVE strollers... total stroller whore - i own way too many :)

• Options

we got the city mini, and it's nice a light, but secure for LO... we started with a Graco travel system, and use it for my truck, however the stroller is too big for DH's car so that's why we got the City Mini.  I have a smaller guy so although you can use the City Mini from birth I don't know if I would (my neighbor has it as well and had her son in it after a few weeks after birth - much larger baby).  FYI 20% coupons for BRU don't work for it. 

As for car seats we have a graco (came as part of the travel system) and seems to be rated fairly well.  I think our infant seat goes to 22 lbs, I know some go to 32 (but I don't recommend getting one that big - my guy was 14 lbs at his 6 month appointment and he is getting too heavy to lug in the car seat (we will keep it as a car seat in my truck and we just bought a Britax marathon convertible for DH's car.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lost our first angel, 10/24/08 7w6d
    Proud mama to Cameron
    Lost our second angel, 2/16/11 8w
    Proud mama to Melanie
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I went to Buy Buy Baby this weekend with every intention of registering for the Orbit! It's pretty cool but what turned me off was the weight of the car set (well, that and the sales person). She recommended the the Uppa Vista...I tried it out and really liked it. Plus you can push it with one hand. And they sell a converter so I also registered for the Chicco car seat that you can use on the Vista. Vista also comes w/the stroller as well for when baby is bigger. I'm not sure how it all comes together yet (still early in pregnancy) but I liked what I saw in the store. Plus 20% coupons work! You can also use 20% on the Orbit I believe for Bed Bath Beyond.
  • Options
    By the way Chicco is rated A and UPPAbaby is rated A by Baby Bargians.
  • Options

I actually signed up for Consumer Reports before I registered or purchased baby gear, it was very helpful - along with opinions on boards like this.

As for strollers, I just used the stroller frame for the Graco snug ride car seat when my 1st daughter was an infant.  That really seemed to be the best option for us.  It's light weight and there was no need to transfer the baby out of the car seat.  I felt the travel systems were too big and bulky.  When she was bigger, we used the Maclaren Techno as a "full size" and Maclaren Triumph for quick trips to the mall, vacation, etc.  All of these were reasonably priced and I have no complaints.  

• Options
    Thanks for all the input! I am going to Buy Buy Baby on Monday, so hopefully I will be able to make a decision that day on which stroller I want! Best of luck to all of you in your pregnancies :)
  • Options
    I have the uppababy vista and absolutely love it!  It was by far my best baby gear purchase!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"