Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Not interested!

Zaiden is not interested in solids - at all. We have tried all different kinds and at different times of the day. I have tried BF before and after to see if maybe that was it. We even tried giving him chunks of banana and he knows what to do with it, but is over it in a few minutes.

It seems like he is always eyeballing whatever we are eating. He has tried to steal a fry and some chips from me.

Anyone else have this issue? How important is it that he starts eating solids?

Re: Not interested!

• Options

https://www.kellymom.com/nutrition/vitamins/iron.html

There is no real reason to rush solids yet... Don't know if you BF or FF, but there is some very small concern about the amount of iron babies get from FF and BF.  At some point between 6-9 months it needs to be supplemented with some sort of solid food.  So, using this information, I'm going to assume that your DS should be OK to continue without solids for a little bit longer. 

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I agree, i don't think there is a huge rush.  I think you just have to keep trying and he'll get the hang of it.  It took us a few weeks and he finally figured out how to eat it off of the spoon.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Gigi has no interest.  She clamps her mouth shut like it is poison. I even tried some pureed mango that was so sweet it was like candy, and she still didn't like it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

He is BF and bottle fed BM while I'm at work. The weird thing is he knows what he is doing. When he takes a few spoons, rare occassions, he eats it. Then after the bites he closes his mouth and decides he doesn't want anymore. We don't want to force him, so we stop. We are also debating on trying the mesh feeder.

We have tried avacado, banana, sweet potato, and squash. Maybe he wants something else. I guess we can just keep serving it up and then he will gain interest one day.

• Options
    I was having the same issue with my LO. I just kept on trying and he just caught on about a week ago. Now he loves to eat from a spoon, his meshy, or feed himself.
    Effing crazy people.
  • Options

We were having this problem also.  I asked the pedi about it at our 6 month appointment and she wasn't too concerned, but she did say it was important to increase DD's calorie intake and that I should just keep trying.  She said make sure I got at least 5 bites of food in her twice a day and that LO would probably warm up to eating solids soon.  Sure enough, she did!  She'll eat anything now, except the spinach puree.  Can't blame her there!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Have you considered BLW? We do this with DS as he had more of an interest in feeding himself and he's doing brilliant so far!

Even if you just read up on it, you may find it is something that would suit you and your LO.

• Options
    DD was like that.  She always seemed interested when WE were eating but then would actually eat babyfood.  Our pedi told us to just give her 'normal' food.  I starting feeding her milder foods off my plate (Indian dal, avocado on my finger, homemade creamed spinach without salt, etc) and she *finally* got it.
  • Options
    imageOhioBobcat:

Have you considered BLW? We do this with DS as he had more of an interest in feeding himself and he's doing brilliant so far!

Even if you just read up on it, you may find it is something that would suit you and your LO.

I second this.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"