Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Student Mommies!!!

How many are there? When do you start? What classes are you taking?

Just trying to bring some normalcy to the plate

Re: Student Mommies!!!

• Options

Me me me!

I'm taking one class right now, and it ends tomorrow. I am totally procrastinating, and should be doing homework right now. O_O

Jack Anderson 2.28.10 Our amazing little man. image
  • Options
    I'm a student...the second time around. I already have a BA in Art History but it's pretty much useless. I'm back in school now doing prerequisites to get into an accelerated nursing program. I've applied and just waiting on the school's replies now.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am getting a teaching certificate.  Already have a MA.   I am on my last class, SPED (special education).  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I take classes online at the University of Phoenix, graduating in September with my Bachelors.  I started in 2005, but because of life choices it has taken me some extra time to actually get the degree. I am taking an Accounting Research class
  • Options

Youre lucky! I have 4 classes and one is a redo, another is math, which im scared to death of, bioethics and US health systems...all for nursing...

I think we should have a Student Mommy check in every week, what do you think?

• Options
    I just graduated last Friday!  BS in Psychology.  Kinda depressed I won't be in classes at the end of the month.  I am currently trying to figure out what I wanna do about my masters.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I start back up on the 30th. I took a break for about a year. I'm kind of scared/intimidated to go back but I have to! I'm taking Principles of Chemistry (or something along the lines) and A&P I. I'm pretttyyy nervous!!
  • Options

imagesarah2958:
    I start back up on the 30th. I took a break for about a year. I'm kind of scared/intimidated to go back but I have to! I'm taking Principles of Chemistry (or something along the lines) and A&P I. I'm pretttyyy nervous!!

I took both of these online so I could be with DD. They were pretty cheap too.

• Options
    Career college student right here. Right now is one online education class. Next semester is 14 credits divided between my education and nursing majors.

Proud Mama to Mickey (12.03.09) and Nemo (06.06.13)

• Options
    I'm going for a Masters in Sec. Ed, Science (and have a full time job) I'm enjoying my week and a half inbetween summer and fall semesters!
  • Options

*raises hand*

I am an animal science major. This semester I am just taking my last four Gen Ed preReqs online (12hrs), and next semester I will be back on campus finishing up with the intensive sciences and Ag classes. This is supposed to be my last year of classes, but I will be going back to further my education next year of the next, depending on whether DH is doing or done with his Paramedic then. This Fall he is doing his EMT cert.

I think a weekly student check in would be awesome! But my classes don't start until the 28th.

• Options
    imageMiraclePending:

imagesarah2958:

I took both of these online so I could be with DD. They were pretty cheap too.

I'm taking A&P online, and chemistry on campus. It wasn't too difficult with baby and having to memorize all that stuff?? I'm just wondering how/when I'm going to get the time to study. I need to learn how to manage my time. I'm getting FAFSA so I'm not worried about the money part of it.

• Options

I'm going back as of the 25th. I haven't been in school in over three years and I'm really nervous. I have to take Anatomy and Physiology and Microbiology next semester to get my prerequisites for an accelerated Nursing program. 

I think a weekly student check in would be wonderful! I think it would really help to know other mamas going through the same thing. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagemmkerr:

I'm going back as of the 25th. I haven't been in school in over three years and I'm really nervous. I have to take Anatomy and Physiology and Microbiology next semester to get my prerequisites for an accelerated Nursing program. 

I think a weekly student check in would be wonderful! I think it would really help to know other mamas going through the same thing. 

I have to take Micro too. I'm going to take it in the Spring though. What exactly is the Accelerated Nursing Program? I'm doing my pre-reqs for nursing along with getting my AA.

• Options
    I'm one! Classes start Monday the 30th for me. I am taking Business Law II and Accounting I and doing an honors assignment. I'd love to take more classes and get done with my degree earlier, but between working full-time and the baby, I'm lucky to be able to swing 8 credits. Good luck to all the other student mommies!
  • Options

I'm late to the game and on the wrong board, but I'm excited there are other student mommies around! 

I have one year left in my master's program in speech pathology. I am so excited to get out there and work! I will miss my flexible schedule, though- O gets more time with me than any future children will because I'll probably work full time so DH can stay home in the summers (he's a professor and has option to teach in the summers for extra $. Right now he has to because I don't make much, but when I work he can be SAHD in the summer and for a month around Christmas time, which is awesome because he's so great at it!).

Anyway, I'm taking 3 classes on different disorders of speech and language, in addition to a seminar on genetic conditions in infants, and a class on assistive technologies. I'll also be doing a practicum which includes 1 morning a week at a children's hospital and 1 morning a week at a clinic for school-children with IEPs.

I'm jealous of those of you taking A&P classes. I LOVED those. Memorization sucks, but I loved learning about the pieces/parts we have and how they interact.  

• Options

I'm taking A & P this semester too!! Totally scared since I'm pretty sure my last science class was eleven years ago (in H.S.!)

I start the 30th. I'm more nervous about leaving DS. I have classes 2 days a week, and one of those days my uncle is watching DS (for about 3 hours). He hasn't been alone with a baby since.... ????. But he seems excited and happy to watch him. He's retired so it'll give him something to do during the week!  DH is happy though b/c the other day is his day off so he'll have boy time with DS.

Good luck to all the other school mommas out there!! I hope we all get A's this semester!

• Options
    i have been an assistant buyer for three years now. I always loved fashion and I have generally liked this job. Once I was pregnant I started thinking about how great it would have been if I stuck with my original degree teaching. I would have summers off with her and after she was born that thought was there daily. I finally said it out loud to my DH and he said he knew I was unhappy and that he thinks I should def. do it. I just realized that my goals in life are so much different now and I no longer want a busy career. I have always loved kids and I decided Im going for it. I start Monday! One night class one hybrid class and one online class. After this 9 hour semester I only need 9 more credit hours and I will ahve my AAT. Then i move on to my bachelors. i am so excited. Both my managers at work know about this and they are so supportive of me doing this even though it means I am no longer looking for a future with the company. Once I have my AAT I may ask them if I can move to personal shopper which is a job share with another personal shopper. Baisically I would work part time but get paid what I do now just without benefits. So we would move to my husbands. Not as good as mine but then I could get more classes in.
  • Options

I start the 30th at University of Southern Indiana! full time...ugh...i don't even know what all classes...nursing junk.

and i feel like i just got done with my summer classes! i need a break lol

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"