Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Change in Daycare validated and a ?

We have had some issues with our daycare.  The biggest problem was DH caught DD with a propped bottle one day when he came to pick her up early.  Daycare provider was upstairs and DD was downstairs.  Not cool!  I talked to Childcare Services about this since she is State licensed.  Surprisingly to me, the choking hazard is not the only reason why bottle propping is bad.  I guess at this age, they expect providers to hold the baby for bonding time since obviously babies don't always get held very much at daycare.  Just thought I would share what I learned.

So today was DD's last day.  I was washing her bottles from daycare (daycare keeps them there so I haven't seen them since I gave them to her 4 months ago) and guess what I found?  Mold!  So sickened by this I could almost puke.  Also, DH noticed that she had an open bag of fertilzer right where the kids play outside. (She has bags helping to anchor a basketball hoop and one of the bags is ripped open and seeping out.)  Lastly, I noticed that on DD's daily sheet, she had checked breakfast and lunch for solids.  I asked her this morning what she was feeding DD since she had not mentioned anything to me.  She says, "Oh yeah, I have been giving her food at lunch since she seems hungry."  Umm okay that is fine, but don't you think you should be telling me what you are feeding her, just in case she is allergic to something?

I am sooooo excited to start new daycare on Monday, even though I know it will be an adjustment for DD.  My question is, I have already reported her for the bottle propping, do you think I should call back with these 3 items we just found today?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Change in Daycare validated and a ?

• Options
    I would. The mold is a huge health hazard by itself. I would have taken pics of it.

Proud Mama to Mickey (12.03.09) and Nemo (06.06.13)

• Options
    Finding that mold would have been enough for me to be on that phone to that daycare.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageJen1231:
    Finding that mold would have been enough for me to be on that phone to that daycare.

I'm done with the daycare, I am thinking of calling Childcare Services again though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageEllasMommy2010:

imageJen1231:

I'm done with the daycare, I am thinking of calling Childcare Services again though.

That's what I would do. 

• Options
    I would report her and call pedi. mold is very dangerous and i would double check that pedi doesn't want to see her. That place should be shut down
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Definitely call again. I would have some choice words for that DCP.
    Effing crazy people.
  • Options
    It's stories like these that help me to know I made the right choice by putting Tegan in a daycare center. There are just too many variables and unknowns in an in-home center. Even if they are state licensed, they still don't have the constant system of checks and balances that you find in a center.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageAbinormal:
    It's stories like these that help me to know I made the right choice by putting Tegan in a daycare center. There are just too many variables and unknowns in an in-home center. Even if they are state licensed, they still don't have the constant system of checks and balances that you find in a center.

Yes, exactly.  Our new place is not an in-home daycare.  The sick part is, I'm not sure if she even knows how crappy she is being.  DH said she cried when he picked up DD today.  I almost felt bad, until I started washing the moldy bottle.  Then my rage came flying back. Angry

• Options

imageAbinormal:

Awww don't stereo type all in home with this one. We go to in home and it is amazing. The woman is wonderful and just loves our LO and the other three she has. My LO practically jumps out of my arms when she sees her. However I do agree that in home can be much more risky than a daycare center.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"