Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

My confession, not so flammable

I don't wear underwear about 95% of the time.  I am a SAHM and I live in yoga pants.  I walked through our grass a few days ago.  Since I wasn't wearing underwear, I have a chigger bite in my crack, night next to my anus.   

I wish I was wearing underwear, at least then it would be along my panty line...it is torture going out in public and not scratching it.

ETA--I hope I did not offend anyone with the word chigger.  I just wikied and realized that the word has slang/racist connotations.  I have grown up with this word, and have never heard them called anything else.  The correct term is "harvest mite."  I'm going to try and use this term in the future.
DS 12/09, Twins EDD 11/11

Re: My confession, not so flammable

• Options
    OUCH!!
    I support fellow bumpie's Etsy site. Check it out! wpaperco.etsy.com

Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    LOL!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just cracked up reading this.  Sorry to laugh at your misfortunes!  Hope everything feels better soon. 
  • Options
    LOL! yeouch!
  • Options
    sorry you are not well.  Can i ask what a chigger is?  Not everyone wears underwear either...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I don't wear them either... and i can sympathize on the chiggers!

• Options

imageSamsMom91:
    I just cracked up reading this.  Sorry to laugh at your misfortunes!  Hope everything feels better soon. 

That's why I posted....I figured maybe someone was having a bad day and could use the laugh!  

• Options
    Hahaha.  Not flammable.  I used to always go without underwear.  Since I had DD, not so much though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I've only heard them called chiggers. I even googled.

• Options

I didn't know it was a slur. Interesting. I've always used that word (not that I say it every day, but I know what a chigger/chigger bite is).

• Options

This made me laugh (not at you though) because DH and I have both experienced something similar recently...only in the form of spider bites.

Mine was just underneath the inner crease of my left bum cheek (and I have short arms...figure that out).

DH's was just below where his waistband was. We were walking around TRU and he told me he was worried anyone looking at him would think he had crabs...HA!

• Options

Oh no!

Weird about the word "chigger". Where I grew up (admittedly a redneck area) we had an annual "chigger festival", to celebrate the end of "chigger season". I had no clue it could be offensive. O_O

Jack Anderson 2.28.10 Our amazing little man. image
  • Options

I grew up near Dallas and never heard them called anything else either. 

This isn't meant to sound judgemental, but I don't get the whole "no underwear" thing.  It seems unsanitary to me.  I am lazy and like to wear a pair of pants around the house 2-3 times before washing them.  If I wore them w/o underwear, I think I would need to wash them each time.  Otherwise, wearing them again would feel like wearing underwear again -- just gross.  I need to have clean cotton next to my snatch.  :)

• Options

OUUUCCHHIEE!!!!

I know very well what they are...Sorry!! esp in that location. lol.

• Options

Oh man! That would drive me crazy!

And, FWIW, I would have had NO idea what you were talking about if you had said "harvest mite"

• Options
    imageamber&patrick:

I grew up near Dallas and never heard them called anything else either. 

This isn't meant to sound judgemental, but I don't get the whole "no underwear" thing.  It seems unsanitary to me.  I am lazy and like to wear a pair of pants around the house 2-3 times before washing them.  If I wore them w/o underwear, I think I would need to wash them each time.  Otherwise, wearing them again would feel like wearing underwear again -- just gross.  I need to have clean cotton next to my snatch.  :)

I don't wear the same clothes multiple days, so to me its the same thing as changing your underwear daily. 

Anyways, I am OCD and change my clothes often.   I usually wear at least 2 pairs of pants/shorts a day, if not 3.  I never, ever, ever wear clothes around the house that I've went out in.  I change as soon as I get home.  

• Options
    LOL! I love this post.
  • Options
    I've grown up with the word chigger! I never knew they were called anything else...LOL.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"