Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

PSA x/p: huggies FAIL

omg....thanks a lot huggies

-->

I wrote huggies about formaldehyde in their wipes thinking they would say they changed the ingredients (like they told a pp) and maybe would send come coupons but this is what i got...

the bolded part is sooooo condescending, i think i'm gonna give up my huggies pure and natural habit

Dear Beth,

Thank you for contacting Kimberly-Clark about HUGGIES? baby wipes.  We appreciate the opportunity to provide additional information.

Our number one priority is ensuring that Kimberly-Clark products are safe for their intended use.  We select and review all of our product ingredients based upon numerous criteria, including: safety data on the ingredient, concentration in the product, and consumer exposure to the ingredient in the product.  It is this careful review, as well as the extensive safety testing we conduct, that supports our confidence in the safety of our products.

Regarding formaldehyde, we do not add formaldehyde to our products, but trace levels are sometimes found in raw materials used to preserve cosmetic and toiletry products.  The extremely low levels that may be found are well below established safe levels. When considering exposure to formaldehyde, it is important to keep in mind that it is a natural element.  Formaldehyde occurs naturally in the air we breathe and is even part of human metabolism.  It is also released as a byproduct of certain vegetables, such as Brussels sprouts and cabbage, when they are cooked. 

You can be confident that Kimberly-Clark takes any concerns about safety seriously, and we will continue to investigate any new information regarding the safety of any ingredient thoroughly.  Meanwhile, we hope that you will continue to use HUGGIES? products with confidence.

Ivy
Consumer Services, Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Lead the world in essentials for a better life.

ETA: no more brussel sprouts or cabbage??!! ...nooooooooooooo

Re: PSA x/p: huggies FAIL

• Options
    Maybe I'm the odd man out, but I don't really find that condescending.  I think they were just trying to give you all of the facts.  As someone who's worked in the area of collecting and responding to consumer complaints, it's drilled into our heads to assume that the customer knows nothing and cover all bases.  I think that's what she was trying to do.  I don't think she was trying to put you down at all. JMHO.
  • Options
    bb80bb80 member

imageCulkinator54:
    Maybe I'm the odd man out, but I don't really find that condescending.  I think they were just trying to give you all of the facts.  As someone who's worked in the area of collecting and responding to consumer complaints, it's drilled into our heads to assume that the customer knows nothing and cover all bases.  I think that's what she was trying to do.  I don't think she was trying to put you down at all. JMHO.

ok, i can respect your opinion

It also sucks because another bumpie emailed them and they claimed that there was NO formaldehyde in their wipes at all...just seems sketchy to me

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagebb80:

imageCulkinator54:

ok, i can respect your opinion

It also sucks because another bumpie emailed them and they claimed that there was NO formaldehyde in their wipes at all...just seems sketchy to me

This, I did not realize.  That is extremely sketchy!

• Options
    I didn't think it was condescending, but really if you're worried about trace amounts of preservative in wipes/diapers you going to have to go to unbleached cloth. Just because you haven't heard of another preservative (which all prewet wipes will have) doesn't mean it's less nasty than traces of stuff you have.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"