Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Should I wake her up? WWYD?

Ok, so Tegan's gone to daycare for the last three days (first time since the end of May) and Tuesday she napped for 45 minutes, Wednesday she napped for 10 minutes and today she napped for a total of 35 minutes. Yesterday she came home and took a nap, but I woke her up at 5:30 since I wanted her to go to bed on time because she had to go back to daycare today. Right now she's still napping (5:45 here), but I'm not sure about waking her up since she doesn't have to go to daycare tomorrow.

I don't have to work tomorrow, I don't care if she sleeps from now until the morning (I would wake her up for a bottle sometime this evening), but I wonder if I should wake her up and keep her on her normal schedule which would be dinner now, a bath, a bottle and then bed at 7.

I'm leaning more towards just letting her sleep, poor kid is EXHAUSTED, but I'm nervous that it might throw her completely off. What would you do?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Should I wake her up? WWYD?

• Options
    I would let her sleep only because you said that you weren't working tomorrow.  If I were working then I probably would have woken her up so it didn't mess up bedtime. 
  • Options
    I would wake her to keep her on her schedule. Babies don't get "special days" - it's fine when they need to happen but when you are home and in control of the sleep schedule most sleep experts advise keeping it the same day to day, including weekends.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageJDWNYC:
    I would wake her to keep her on her schedule. Babies don't get "special days" - it's fine when they need to happen but when you are home and in control of the sleep schedule most sleep experts advise keeping it the same day to day, including weekends.

But, she said that she was exhausted!  Usually if Mason is exhausted and sleeping extra during the day then he must not be feeling well.  So, I would let him sleep in that situation.

• Options
    I would let her sleep, but I would be prepared for an early morning tomorrow! haha.
  • Options

If it were me I would wake her up and do her normal bedtime routine and this is why.

She'll be going to daycare and needs to learn to sleep there, so I'd keep her on her schedule and then hopefully she will start to figure out napping at DC.

Good luck!

~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• Options
    imageJen1231:

imageJDWNYC:

But, she said that she was exhausted!  Usually if Mason is exhausted and sleeping extra during the day then he must not be feeling well.  So, I would let him sleep in that situation.

The best way to handle that type of situation is to keep the naps as stable as possible and do a slightly earlier than usual bedtime. Getting off schedule can be really confusing to most babies. If your LO can handle frequent schedule changes than you are a lucky lucky family, bc for most a lack of regular sleep times (that fall in line with natural circadian rhythms) will erode a healthy sleep pattern. The baby in question seems to be exhausted from a new situation, which will be her normal situation, not because she is not feeling well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"