Multiples
Options

Local MoM's groups?

Are any of you members of your local groups? I found one in my area and I'm thining of joining. What benefits have you gotten out of it, did you make other MoM friends? Are the tag sales usually worth attending, etc. Thanks!!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Local MoM's groups?

• Options
    I belong to a triplets only group, so it's obviously very small, but it's wonderful. I highly recommend having a local support group. I don't know how larger groups are, but mine has been a godsend.
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Options
    imagepea-kay:
    I belong to a triplets only group, so it's obviously very small, but it's wonderful. I highly recommend having a local support group. I don't know how larger groups are, but mine has been a godsend.
    thanks! BTW, I found we're having 3 boys :-) Ill be spending some time back reading your blog.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Our group does a lot of things for older kids like pool party, going to the zoo, water parks etc. so I haven't been able to go to them. But once a month they have a mom's night out that is fun and then they have a dad's night out that my DH likes. With the sales we get in an hour early if you are a member or if you help with the sale then you can shop the night before. Our fall sale is better than the spring sale and we have found some really good deals and items.

image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

imageMontyMrs:
    imagepea-kay:
    thanks! BTW, I found we're having 3 boys :-) Ill be spending some time back reading your blog.

Yay yay yay! :) I'm so excited for you! :) I know I'm biased, but I adore having three boys. (Okay, I'm sure I would have loved three girls too, but this is what I know...)

• Options

Here you go...life with triplet boys. :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/pyjammy#p/a

• Options
    imagepea-kay:

Here you go...life with triplet boys. :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/pyjammy#p/a

Thanks!!!! I'll watch later, I'm supposed to be working :-)
  • Options

I really like my local group.  At my 2nd meeting the secretary of the group asked if I needed a stroller since she saw I was pg.  I told her I haven't had my shower yet, but yes I would love to have one.  She said she had the last one that was provided to the club from Chicco in her car and gave me a stroller worth $200!  I just went to our August social and really had a great time meeting other MoM's that have babies around the same age as mine.  I haven't been to a yard sale yet, but I am sure it's worth it.  I also sent out a classified ad on the MoM's club website, and was able to get 2 Chicco Polly brand new highchairs for $150.  I hope you have a good local club as well.  It's worth checking out IMO.

• Options
    I just joined the one in my area. The newsletter and calender showed that they have a lot of social events, some with kids and some without. They also have monthly informational meeting. I've also heard from a couple friends that you can get tons of great stuff at their yard sales and swaps. The yard sale is in the fall, so I'm really hoping I can make it.
  • Options
    I joined my local group although I haven't been very active (yet).  For me, the sales alone are worth the small annual dues.  Also, now that the babies are here I plan to be more active.  They have several age-specific play groups that I'll check out.  Hopefully it'll give me a reason to get out of the house, I'll meet some nice MoMs, and the babies will make some twin friends.

• Options
    Thanks for asking this, Monty - I've been contemplating the same thing the past couple of days. The MoMs group in my area has 140 families and has lots of the same types of activities/events that pps mentioned so I am definitely going to join!
    B/G twins!
  • Options
    Great question, but how do I even begin to search for a local MoM group?
    image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagebusybea:
    I found mine by googling city name mother of multiples. Or try Facebook. I know my club is on big tent (although I never have heard of this site) but I would try google.
  • Options

imagemdearrington:
    imagebusybea:
    I found mine by googling city name mother of multiples. Or try Facebook. I know my club is on big tent (although I never have heard of this site) but I would try google.

ok thanks!  will do ....  :o)

image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"