Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

crib tent?

Is anyone using a crib tent or plan on using one?

DD's crib is already on the very last notch but when she pulls herself up her head is already above the crib railing. We've had one fall out of the crib already and i was devastated! I do not want that to happen again.

If you are using a crib tent, do you like it? would you recommend it?

Re: crib tent?

• Options

noooooooooooooo....they were recalled, a LO died from getting caught up in it--the parents had attached it wrong, but still.

no crib tents for Sam!!

photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • Options

OH NOOOOOO!! Thank you JG! i didnt know that.

goodness, what am i suppose to do with this little climber then? im so scared she's going to pull herself out and over her crib again. my heart can only take so much!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Ditto Jonnygurl - they have been recalled, so definitely don't use one.

With regards to what to do instead, we have friends who pile pillows and blankets on the floor around the crib.  I think we are going to have to do the same thing . . . 

ds #1 | our perfect miracle born 39w1d | 12.9.2009 loss #1 | natural m/c 7/2010 (~8w) loss #2 | chemical pregnancy 6/2011 (4w4d) loss #3 | chemical pregnancy 7/2011 (4w3d) loss #4 | natural m/c 11/2011 (10w1d) RPL Testing 12/2011. Results 100% normal. ds #2 | our 2nd perfect miracle born 36w3d | 12.31.2012
  • Options
    she shouldn't be able to unless she has something to climb up on.....your not using a bumper right?  a breathable bumper collapses if they try to step on it....silly Sam, tell her she needs to stay in that crib--no more heart attacks for mama!!
    photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • Options

I agree with JG...no crib tents for Sam!  I would talk to her pedi about other options.

Wait, you make enough in your tip cup to afford a crib tent?!  I'm in the wrong line of business!

• Options
    imagesharmurph18:

I agree with JG...no crib tents for Sam!  I would talk to her pedi about other options.

Wait, you make enough in your tip cup to afford a crib tent?!  I'm in the wrong line of business!

i think i make enough for (gasp) 2 crib tents! I'll share with you though. i'll spend the money on some lightbulbs so I no longer have to sit in the dark. Stick out tongue

• Options
    imageblublusher:
    imagesharmurph18:

i think i make enough for (gasp) 2 crib tents! I'll share with you though. i'll spend the money on some lightbulbs so I no longer have to sit in the dark. Stick out tongue

::LAUGHING::

i heart you girls.....

• Options

imagejonnygurl76:
    she shouldn't be able to unless she has something to climb up on.....your not using a bumper right?  a breathable bumper collapses if they try to step on it....silly Sam, tell her she needs to stay in that crib--no more heart attacks for mama!!

JG, you're right. we use a breathable bumper.  i guess im just extra paranoid now b/c when she did climb out, I had thought there was no way she could but bam! surprised me! i have no idea how she did it.

• Options
    imageblublusher:

imagejonnygurl76:

JG, you're right. we use a breathable bumper.  i guess im just extra paranoid now b/c when she did climb out, I had thought there was no way she could but bam! surprised me! i have no idea how she did it.

she just might be the strongest baby alive!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"