Health & Exercise
Options

Jogging w/ infant--carseat attachment or just head positioner?

Even though it's not a real jogging stroller, I'm using our City Mini until DD hits 6 mos. and can go in our real (but old and w/o a carseat adapter) baby jogger.  My question is whether I really need the carseat adapter for her (she's 11 weeks, with pretty good head control), or whether just using the head positioner from the carseat in the stroller in its reclined position is sufficient.  I tried just the head positioner today when we went for a walk and even jogged a few times, and it seemed to prevent any real head movement separate from her body, but is that sufficiently protective?  I'm running on a pretty smooth path and pathetically slowly at this point.

Re: Jogging w/ infant--carseat attachment or just head positioner?

• Options
    I wouldn't jog without a car seat until baby can sit well unassisted.  I don't know anything about that stroller, but I wouldn't feel comfortable jogging with a stroller not intended for it as it may not have sufficient shock absorption. 
  • Options
    I know that with the BOB Revolution even with the carseat adaptor you are not supposed to run.  Even though you have the adaptor the carseat is not that securely fastened into the strolller.  I would take a great deal of caution if you are planning to run with baby..  I know I wont be runnign with LO  until they are big enough to fit in the BOB alone.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagencbelle:
    I wouldn't jog without a car seat until baby can sit well unassisted.  I don't know anything about that stroller, but I wouldn't feel comfortable jogging with a stroller not intended for it as it may not have sufficient shock absorption. 

This.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Even though DS does fine in just the stroller I prefer to use the carseat adapter still.  I like to be able to keep a better eye on him and I think he is more comfortable.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I would not use a jogging stroller without the carseat adapter until your baby is at least 6 months old. It isn't only about head/neck control, it is also about the strength of their back muscles.  

I also would NOT run with a stroller that isn't a jogging stroller. Does the front wheel on the city mini lock? You shouldn't run with a swivel front wheel (even the jogging strollers with the swivel/lock front wheel say never to run when it is in the swivel position).  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"