Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

No MIL, I will not share DD's 1st birthday with your 18 yr. old niece

UGHHH!!  Today we were on a walk and she suggested that I share DD's birthday with her niece since they both have November birthdays,  um NO!  I want to have a theme for DD and invite some friends too, not just family!  She was so taken back when I told her all of this!  Besides, I want DD to have the spotlight on her not share with someone who is too old for birthday parties anyway!  Sorry - just had to vent a little!

Re: No MIL, I will not share DD's 1st birthday with your 18 yr. old niece

• Options
    just how old is too old to have a birthday party. MH had one just this year.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    UGH! I agree with you, a 1 yr old and 18yr old have very different "themes" to a birthday! I hear you. BIL is getting married a few states away on DS's birthday and I am so bummed. Obviously a wedding trumps a birthday but I'm sad that I can't spend the whole day with my little man. And the wedding is on a Sunday which is even more annoying. 
    "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

image1momma:

this is off topic, but I love all your tickers!  LOL!!

• Options

image1momma:

It's a little different when it comes to kids' parties.  I'm sure your H's party didn't have goodie bags for the other kids Wink

• Options

image1momma:

I'm sure the tickers are on purpose, but gosh how annoying.

ETA: How annoying it was scrolling through all of them, not that you have all of them. Lol.

• Options
    Also, what 18 year old would want a joint party with a one year old anyway? Seems weird all around..
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagecait0324:
    Also, what 18 year old would want a joint party with a one year old anyway? Seems weird all around..

My thoughts exactly!

• Options

imagenaflmj:
    UGH! I agree with you, a 1 yr old and 18yr old have very different "themes" to a birthday! I hear you. BIL is getting married a few states away on DS's birthday and I am so bummed. Obviously a wedding trumps a birthday but I'm sad that I can't spend the whole day with my little man. And the wedding is on a Sunday which is even more annoying. 

That stinks that the wedding is the same day :(  What are you doing to do?  Celebrate DS's birthday earlier or later?  OH -and is that a Boston Terrior in your pic?  I have one too!

• Options
    imageMissy42807:

imagenaflmj:

That stinks that the wedding is the same day :(  What are you doing to do?  Celebrate DS's birthday earlier or later?  OH -and is that a Boston Terrior in your pic?  I have one too!

My cousin is coming with so I can at least spend his birthday with him and she'll babysit. We'll celebrate with inlaws that weekend and then have a party after with my family and some little friends.
    "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"