Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Does my baby poop too much?

Most days, she'll have 4 poops!  Sometimes even 5!  They are well-formed turds, not diarrhea poops.  So I'm not too worried, but I still think, "Gosh that girl craps a lot!  Is that normal??"

I put a scoop of oatmeal in almost every meal because I don't want her to get constipated ... and I guess it's working ... but 4 poops a day???  WTF?

Re: Does my baby poop too much?

• Options

Whenever I see a post about poop I think of the book "Everybody Poops."  I don't know why.  Lol.

I think it's pretty normal to have 4 poops a day.  I wouldn't be worried unless she stops pooping altogether.  If they are pooping I'm not worried, it's if they don't that I get concerned. 

• Options
    imageJen1231:

Whenever I see a post about poop I think of the book "Everybody Poops."  I don't know why.  Lol.

I think it's pretty normal to have 4 poops a day.  I wouldn't be worried unless she stops pooping altogether.  If they are pooping I'm not worried, it's if they don't that I get concerned. 

Her teachers at daycare marvel because no other baby in the room poops that much.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ebee poops 2 to 3 times a day. I think it's pretty normal.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options

B poops 1-3 times a day. I add a oatmeal to all her food too, for the fiber.

When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. -FDR
  • Options
    My DD also poops between 3 & 5 times a day.  She definitely didn't get my digestive track....LOL  I like the idea of adding oatmeal for the fiber.  How do you do it? Do you just use old fashioned oats and puree them in with everything?
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageChicNotGeek:
    imageJen1231:

Her teachers at daycare marvel because no other baby in the room poops that much.

maybe she is making up for the other babies that don't poop at all!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageArmy~Wife:
    My DD also poops between 3 & 5 times a day.  She definitely didn't get my digestive track....LOL  I like the idea of adding oatmeal for the fiber.  How do you do it? Do you just use old fashioned oats and puree them in with everything?

I use the oatmeal cereal and add it when I'm preparing a meal for her.  I save the scoops from empty formula cans, so it's easy to measure out 1/2 oz or 1oz etc ...

• Options
    imagePoseyMamma:
    imageChicNotGeek:
    imageJen1231:

maybe she is making up for the other babies that don't poop at all!

She is quite a conscientious baby ... that's so thoughtful of her.

• Options
    Lately, every time I change DD's diaper, it's poopy. The girl eats so much--if only she could keep some of it on her scrawny little self instead of pooping it all out!
  • Options
    imageChicNotGeek:

imageArmy~Wife:

Thanks!  I am going to have to try this.  We haven't done oatmeal yet. Never strayed from cereal, other than veggies of course.

I use the oatmeal cereal and add it when I'm preparing a meal for her.  I save the scoops from empty formula cans, so it's easy to measure out 1/2 oz or 1oz etc ...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I was worried that DS was pooping too little so I called the pedi to ask what was normal.  She said that normal ranges from 1 to 64 poops per week.

I swear that was her quote.  Now I'm sure she was exaggerating, but yeah, your LO is fine!  :)

ds #1 | our perfect miracle born 39w1d | 12.9.2009 loss #1 | natural m/c 7/2010 (~8w) loss #2 | chemical pregnancy 6/2011 (4w4d) loss #3 | chemical pregnancy 7/2011 (4w3d) loss #4 | natural m/c 11/2011 (10w1d) RPL Testing 12/2011. Results 100% normal. ds #2 | our 2nd perfect miracle born 36w3d | 12.31.2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"