Austin Babies

question about Boudreaux's Butt Paste

I have a tube of this stuff that we were given when one of our kids was born. I just opened it and I'm not sure it is any good. It says it expires in 5/2011. The tube says it has a "pleasant scent" but it smells absolutely awful to me. It really smells like spoiled milk. Is there any possible way that you would describe the scent like that or is our tube bad? It is kind of a light tan color. I was about to call them and ask for a replacement but I've never used it before and I am afraid they will ask me to send it in and then call me to tell me I'm crazy and it is supposed to smell like that. Big Smile
Kimberly, DH Monte, Angel baby 10/06, Angel twin 7/07, Rhett Kaden, our IVF miracle, born 3/23/08, Mason Robert & Wyatt David, our FET miracles, born 8/2/09 at 36 weeks, 3 days
Our Blog

Re: question about Boudreaux's Butt Paste

• no, it does not smell like spoiled milk. call 'em up. that's just gross.
  • I know it is a tan color.  I was going to smell mine, but it's up in L's room and he is asleep now.  Anyway, it does have an unusual smell.  I think your tube is most likely okay.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I didn't like the scent of it, but it wasn't spoiled milk! call em!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I may have to bring this thing to someone who has used it before and have them smell it. I can't decide if it is just me or not!
    Kimberly, DH Monte, Angel baby 10/06, Angel twin 7/07, Rhett Kaden, our IVF miracle, born 3/23/08, Mason Robert & Wyatt David, our FET miracles, born 8/2/09 at 36 weeks, 3 days
    Our Blog

• No, I don't think it's supposed to smell like that or be that color.  I've had a tube for six months and just opened it about a month ago.  I should be thick, white and smell kinda like medicine.
  • Ours is tan and I don't like the smell of it either. But it's probably 3 years old or more - we rarely use it.  I wonder when it expires?  I've never thought to check.
  • The only Boudreaux's I have is leftover from Meredith's babyhood, so it's about 3-4 years old. You are welcome to come over next week and do a sniff comparison if you want.
  • hmm, our butt paste (which was brand new and given to me at a shower) was tan and had a kind of medicine-y smell.  I don't like the way it smells, but it worked ok.  But it was always tan...
  • EmerEmer member
    Ours is tan and smells like medicine.  Sour milk does not sound right.  
  • There is regular and there is a "natural" one - one is tan and one is white (one tube is yellow and the other is green, I think).  I'm not sure I could tell you what it smells like, but spoiled milk doesn't sound right.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"