New Jersey Babies

Babymoon Destination

Hi Ladies,

I'm just approaching my 3rd trimester and the hubby and i are trying to get away for a weekend. We were thinking either south like LBI or Cape May or north like Cape Cod. Any suggestions would be helpful!

Thanks!!

Re: Babymoon Destination

• My friend SWEARS by Cape May and she sent me a list of places to stay at and eat.  Let me know if you'd like to see her suggestions.

Mystic, CT is supposed to be beautiful.  I looked into that for us for our anniversary, but we ended up in AC instead.  lol

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My husband and I go to LBI all the time.  Its beautiful down there.  If you stay near the north end of the island there is less touristy stuff, which makes for a quieter retreat.  If you want some night life or to go to the arcade (Fantasy Island is the best), you just have to drive 10-15 minutes south.

If you do decide to go, a great place to eat is Kelly's Old Barney right by the lighthouse in Barnegat Light.  They have great food and its really cozy.  They only take cash though.   

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • For me, Cape May is more interesting - could do antiquing during the day and there seems to be more activities to do.  Then again, I go to LBI a lot in the summers and have only been to Cape May once so that might color my opinion.

I'm trying to find a place too - I've been toying with Cape May, New Hope/Lambertville, Lancaster County, New Paltz or Princeton (where we got married, but probably a little too close to home).  Would love recommendations for where others may have gone. 

Proud Mom to Sharkey - 2/17/11 8lbs 7 oz
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"