Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Can we talk about socks?

We live in AZ, it's hot, so DD doesn't wear socks very often.

Only at naptime and bedtime.

Well I went to target a week or 2 ago and bought the hanes BOYS 12-24 mo socks because really I didn't want pink socks *shrugs*

They fit her perfectly! How is this possible? I mean she has big feet ( and so do DH and I) but I was totally thinking well they may be big now but she will grow into them.

They are stretchy but if her feet grow very much they definitely won't be fitting until age 2.

Is this normal? (I'm not sure if this is common since she hasn't worn socks).

What size are your LO's in?

~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                 You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

Re: Can we talk about socks?

• Options
    I would figure Tagan is in about the same size. It's too hot here in Texas for her to be wearing socks. Although, if i were to buy some. It would be 12-24 mths.
  • Options
    Did you wash the socks first? I've found that socks shrink a TON -- Brody hasn't worn socks in months (he's in footed PJ's at night and uses a blanket for nap times) but I'm guessing he'd be in the same size as your lil lady. He was wearing size 6-12 months when he was only 2 months old.

And I don't blame you for not buying pink socks!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I bought DS socks at BRU and they were based on shoe size, not age.

But socks we got at Old Navy that were 3-6 months didn't fit him past 5 months (not that we wear socks alot right now...)

And I agree with PP - I feel like socks shrink a lot!

• Options
    imageMrs.Keith2B:
    Did you wash the socks first? I've found that socks shrink a TON -- Brody hasn't worn socks in months (he's in footed PJ's at night and uses a blanket for nap times) but I'm guessing he'd be in the same size as your lil lady. He was wearing size 6-12 months when he was only 2 months old.

And I don't blame you for not buying pink socks!

I did wash them first.

Where do you find Footed PJ's for Brody still?

Lucy needs 12 mo ones now and Target doesn't sell footed PJ's past 9 mo!

Hence the socks.

• Options
    We've found footed PJs for DD at Carter's - up to 12 months, I haven't really looked past that yet.  We also find some at Costco occasionally, but I don't remember the brand.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

imageAstrosMom:
    We've found footed PJs for DD at Carter's - up to 12 months, I haven't really looked past that yet.  We also find some at Costco occasionally, but I don't remember the brand.

interesting because Carter's is what we buy at Target, maybe I'll have to go to the store or buy online

• Options
    imageCTri17:

imageAstrosMom:

interesting because Carter's is what we buy at Target, maybe I'll have to go to the store or buy online

Yeah, check their website.  After I posted, I was curious as to how big they came and I saw footed up to 24 months.  We've got an outlet near us, so we always go there, but the prices on the website are pretty comparable.  And they have them with zippers which I love!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    You know, I couldn't even tell you. It has been extremely hot and humid here this summer and we don't have our AC unit hooked up yet (just bought it), so DD hasn't worn socks since this past spring. She was wearing size 3-6 at about 4 months though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"