Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

ERRRRRR, FI!

So, I started real table food with McCrae and FI seems to think I'm making my child fat and trying to make him grow up to fast....So I had to go back to baby food.  I'm not a happy camper about this, I mean he chews his baby food! He loved noodles and peas.  He's not a chicken fan though.  Soooo, when do people usually start table food? He seems to think a year old! I thought most started before that?

Oooho, I'll probably get flammed but is Quacker, Instant Oatmeal with fruit bad for McCrae? I have some in the cabinet that nobody has eaten and was thinking about giving to him....Wanted to make sure there's nothing bad though =)

Re: ERRRRRR, FI!

• Options

If you think you're baby is ready for table food then who is your FI to say he's not?  You do what you think is best for you baby.

I just started giving Mason table food.  He always tries a little of what we're eating for dinner.  I don't know about oatmeal. 

EDIT:  Sorry ladies I was having a duh moment.  I read wrong and thought you were talking about Father in Law.  Sorry! 

• Options

About th Oatmeal : I sooo just read the box, NEVERMIND! Salt, sugar, actifical coloring, citric acid...on and on.  I think we're gonna skip that one =)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We cut our corn off the cob and Emma wants to nom on the cob. She loves it! She doesn't really get anything from it other than juice but she's trying to figure out how to chew real stuff. We're still on baby food but are introducing table food a little bit at a time. I think introducing the table food when they show curiousity is the best time. You don't want a picky eater that refuses everything given to them. If LO wants to try some then give a taste. Nothing ventured nothing gained.
  • Options
    imageJen1231:

If you think you're baby is ready for table food then who is your FI to say he's not?  You do what you think is best for you baby.

I just started giving Mason table food.  He always tries a little of what we're eating for dinner.  I don't know about oatmeal. 

He's the daddy, right? I'm never one for the overriding mommy decision. If FI is uncomfortable with it maybe a talk with your pedi about table foods would be good. It might put your FI at ease and your pedi would let you know what foods would be good to start with. My pedi was a big help with this.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagemstopka:
    imageJen1231:

He's the daddy, right? I'm never one for the overriding mommy decision. If FI is uncomfortable with it maybe a talk with your pedi about table foods would be good. It might put your FI at ease and your pedi would let you know what foods would be good to start with. My pedi was a big help with this.

Yes he is the daddy! Which is why I went back to baby food.....We go to the pedi tomorrow for shots and I'm thinkin he has an ear infection! So I'm going to talk to her about this and see what she thinks.  He's main question was so what does his Dr. think about this and I couldn't answer! Soooo, tomorrow I will be able to answer this and hopefully go back with mostly table food....Because McCrae looooves it and want's to explore and screams when we eat and he doesn't have anything!

• Options
    imagelpnw2005:
    imagemstopka:
    imageJen1231:

Yes he is the daddy! Which is why I went back to baby food.....We go to the pedi tomorrow for shots and I'm thinkin he has an ear infection! So I'm going to talk to her about this and see what she thinks.  He's main question was so what does his Dr. think about this and I couldn't answer! Soooo, tomorrow I will be able to answer this and hopefully go back with mostly table food....Because McCrae looooves it and want's to explore and screams when we eat and he doesn't have anything!

OMG!  That is totally my bad.  I thought FI meant Father In-Law!  SORRY!! 

• Options
    imageJen1231:
    imagelpnw2005:
    imagemstopka:
    imageJen1231:

OMG!  That is totally my bad.  I thought FI meant Father In-Law!  SORRY!! 

LoL, It's okay! I get confused with all the "bump talk"...I always have to go check out the bump glossary.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"