Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

When will you start screening what you watch infront LO?

For example DH plays really gory video games. If DD is content we pop in a movie sometimes. I was curious when she will start realizing what is going on? Do you think now is a good time to start screening what we watch or play while she is awake? When will you start?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When will you start screening what you watch infront LO?

• Options

probably not until she starts reciting or actually able to comprehend what's  going on.

• Options
    We already do.  She reacts when one of us is upset so she can obviously understand tone of voice etc so I figure we need to be careful what she watches because any minute now she's going to figure it out. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'll probably get flamed for this, but right now I have no intetions on screening our t.v. and what not from DD. Generally we don't really watch 'bad' t.v. or movies and when we do it's after DD is in bed and we go back to our bedroom. The way I figure it is that DD is going to see everything eventually and it gives me an opportunity to teach her right from wrong.

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Be careful, your LO is probably already understanding more than you think.  There's some new research being done at Yale about babies being born with morality and comprehension of good and evil. 

DD was 3 months old and we were at a friend's house.  The TV was on, but muted, and I was chatting away.  All of a sudden DD looked mortified and started crying.  I turn to see what she's looking at......it's the scene from Road to Perdition where the gangsters get mowed down in the alley.  She was REALLY upset. 

DD does not watch TV, but we make sure that the only thing she sees by accident is baseball or soccer.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I don't watch a lot of gory movies or TV, but I do occasionally watch Law & Order or something along those lines when DD is awake. If I want to watch something that is more "adult" I normally do it when she's sleeping since I'd rather be able to completely focus on the show or movie.

DD doesn't watch a lot of TV, but in the mornings we will occasionally cuddle in the chair and watch PBS Kids, So You Think You Can Dance or America's Got Talent. She loves all these shows, lol!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"