Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Anyone go hiking?

What would be a good stroller for a flat hiking trail.

Re: Anyone go hiking?

• Options
    We hike with DD weekly. We have a jogging stroller and a kelty kids backpack. By far, my preference is the backpack. Even on trails that "seem" like they are flat/smooth, always have tons of rocks and stuff. That being said, if you don't want to go the backpack way, people seem to like the BOB stroller. Its not the one we have though.
  • Options

imageJillBMama:
    We hike with DD weekly. We have a jogging stroller and a kelty kids backpack. By far, my preference is the backpack. Even on trails that "seem" like they are flat/smooth, always have tons of rocks and stuff. That being said, if you don't want to go the backpack way, people seem to like the BOB stroller. Its not the one we have though.

Do you think a moby or mei tai would be ok or would the backpack be less strain on my shoulders/back?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How long is the hike you are talking about? Is it a strenuous one? Will you go hiking lots of times with LO or is it kinda just this once?
  • Options
    We go pretty frequently and we use our Ergo.  Much easier - no worries about rocks, etc
    DD#1 11/7/04 DS#1 6/24/06 Chemical Pregnancy 6/08 DD#2 1/28/10 after secondary infertility, Clomid, & acupuncture missed m/c 6/2010 at 8 weeks (baby stopped growing @ 5.5) DS born sleeping 1/13/2011 due to cord accident at 22 weeks. DD#3 3/10/2012
  • Options

imageJillBMama:
    How long is the hike you are talking about? Is it a strenuous one? Will you go hiking lots of times with LO or is it kinda just this once?

I want to start hiking regularly. At least once a week if not more. I'm not really sure how long or strenuous but I believe the trail I plan on starting with is a pretty easy one. 

• Options

imageSweetBaby2004:
    We go pretty frequently and we use our Ergo.  Much easier - no worries about rocks, etc

I was just looking up the Ergo. The only thing that I wasn't sure about with that is one of the reviews said the baby sits low and doesn't have a good view. Do you find that to be true? I think that might bother my LO. She's very nosey.  

• Options

When we go hiking we wear C, now in an Ergo (earlier in a moby).

If it's HOT and I'm just walking in the neighborhood etc I use my full sized stroller (UppaBaby Vista, but it's expensive, consider a CityMini for more local walking depending on what features you're looking for). 

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • Options
    imageMystery2B:

If it's HOT and I'm just walking in the neighborhood etc I use my full sized stroller (UppaBaby Vista, but it's expensive, consider a CityMini for more local walking depending on what features you're looking for). 

We have the CityMini double and love it.  My DH has taken it on a few hikes and he said it was fine.  I refuse to hike because on the crime shows it always seems like "hikers" find the bodies. Wink

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We actually did a 2 mile hike yesterday (relatively easy with some rocks, etc). and we use our Kelty backpack. The little guy LOVES it! He was cooing and laughing for the whole 1.5 hours we were out. Plus I can wear it as well as DH. Our "little one" is 21 lbs at 5.5 mos. so its nice to have something that distributes the weight evenly. Here is the one we have:

https://www.kelty.com/p-284-tc-30.aspx

HTH

• Options
    imagegrapeape73:
    imageMystery2B:

We have the CityMini double and love it.  My DH has taken it on a few hikes and he said it was fine.  I refuse to hike because on the crime shows it always seems like "hikers" find the bodies. Wink

LOL  I love hiking and I'm nervous about it for that exact reason! I definitely won't go alone. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"