Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

20 + lbs come in

Please tell me your solids/formula/bf'ing schedule if your LO is over 20 lbs.  DS is on stage 2 foods but only eating breakfast and dinner.  He only eats a half a container at a time.  I try and get him to eat a full one but he doesn't want it...

I BF on demand on the weekends, but at daycare he gets four 5.5 oz BM bottles plus whatever I feed him at home.  We were doing great in the middle of the night cutting out some feedings, but now we are back to ridiculous again.  I"m wondering if he's not getting enough during the day...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 20 + lbs come in

• Options

My EBF DS does this too. I think sometimes its his way of getting "mommy time" because I work during the day. I think he also just wants to be close to me/comfort too.

That said, my DS doesn't eat well for the babysitter, he prefers his momma. So I am not cutting out his night feedings just to make sure he gets enough..

DS LOVES avocado (just buy fresh, cut it & mash!), and greek yogurt. He will eat a TON of both of those... Avocado has a lot of nutritional value/good fats... so maybe mix that or serve that along with some other foods?!

***what bottles do you use?

#rainbows and #unicorns make any situation #cute. keithcorcoran

• Options

I have a little piggy.  He is 7.5 months, about 23-24 lbs.

DS eats five 7 oz bottles plus an extra 2 oz mixed with oatmeal.  So, total is 37 oz (this is part formula, part frozen BM).  He eats the oatmeal mixed with fruit in the morning (3-4 oz ish).  Whole milk yogurt mixed with fruit/veggie for lunch (3-4 oz ish), veggies (6 oz ish) for dinner.  Also eats a serving or two of puffs during the day, and little bits of whatever I'm eating (cheese, meat, bread).

If you think maybe he's not getting enough, maybe try offering a bottle after you BF?

DS 12/09, Twins EDD 11/11
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

DS is also about 23lbs

630am- 7 oz bottle

730am-5 oz fruits/yogurt/oatmeal and some puffs

1030am-7 oz bottle

1230pm-4 oz veggie/2 oz fruit/cheese/puffs

3:30pm-7 oz bottle

530pm 4 oz veggie/2 oz fruis and small pieces of bread, cheese, pasta etc

715- 8 oz bottle

he STTN from 730p-630a

good luck 

• Options
    imagedunvilles:

My EBF DS does this too. I think sometimes its his way of getting "mommy time" because I work during the day. I think he also just wants to be close to me/comfort too.

That said, my DS doesn't eat well for the babysitter, he prefers his momma. So I am not cutting out his night feedings just to make sure he gets enough..

DS LOVES avocado (just buy fresh, cut it & mash!), and greek yogurt. He will eat a TON of both of those... Avocado has a lot of nutritional value/good fats... so maybe mix that or serve that along with some other foods?!

***what bottles do you use?

We use breastflow bottles.  Based on the responses it sounds like DS might need more in his bottles especially since when he nurses he tends to be a snacker.  Which means I'll have to switch bottles because that brand only holds a bit over 5 oz:(

• Options

LO is EBF and he nurses at 5, 9, 12, 3, 6 and then before bed.  His own schedule.  I feed him a fruit for breakfast and a veggie for dinner - anywhere from 2-4 oz.  Sometimes a jar, sometimes 2 ice cubes, if i made it.  He sometimes sleeps through the night, sometimes wakes.

I'm not even going to fight the night wakings now - we're on vacation and hes off his schedule, then the surgery, then school starts and I go back.  So, I migt as well write the next month off.

imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

She BFs on demand when I'm home (most days) and has 5-6 oz of BM every few hours when I'm gone. She eats breakfast, lunch and dinner (all kind of stuff--yogurt, fruit, veggies, grains, cheese, etc).

image Lucy, 12/27/2009
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    If you really like the breastflow bottles, I know they make a larger size. We had them when DS was born. If you can't find the breastflow ones, check out the soothie brand. They should be interchangable. I just gave mine away or I would have passed them on to you.
    DS 12/09, Twins EDD 11/11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"