Philadelphia Babies

new to the bump and need advice

hey all!  i suffer from pcos and was told that i would have trouble conceiving.  so, i went off of the pill so that my husband and i could start ttc.  it's only been about two months since i went off the bill.  i took a test last night, and *thought* i saw a + sign.  so, i took another today with the result "pregnant."  i am filled with a million emotions right now.  my husband is away for the weekend.  but, should i wait to see my dr. until i tell my husband anything.  has anyone else here suffered from pcos?  and what are the chances of me carrying out this pregnancy?   

Re: new to the bump and need advice

• congrats!! when i first found out i was pregnant i was about 3 weeks along already and when i called my OB for an appointment it wasn't even scheduled until i was actually 8+ weeks along. so you could go ahead and call them to schedule the appointment and tell your DH when he is home. 

i don't know much about pcos otherwise though!! good luck!!  

• You could tell him when he gets home in person, and then follow up at your general practitioner's office with blood work. They will most likely give you a urine test and then draw blood. You should have the blood results with hormone levels in 24-48 hours.

If you are unsure or nervous that it is a false positive, I would tell your hubby in person, and just ask him to keep in on the DL till you get to your OB/GYN or at least the bloodwork.

imageimageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • thanks for the advice girls.  i was definitely planning on keeping it between my husband and me (and the bump community board, of course) until i saw my doctor. i guess i am just nervous because i didn't expect it to happen so soon.  i just want everything to go smoothly.  i still don't know how he will react.  i am probably nervous about that too!  thanks again!
  • I didn't expect things to happen so easily and quick either. We had gotten married 10/10/09 and decided to go off any preventatives right after and I conceived in March.

I herd a lot of stories where it takes 6months at least to a year  to get your systems in check and conceived. I was very shocked to have a positive test come April. 

(I took two tests. One that gives you the lines, and it came back positive so quickly  I used a digital on, which said PREGNANT, i starred at it for at least 3-4 minutes to see if the NOT would pop up and it didn't!

Only mistake I made was telling me Husband over the phone while he was working. He is a police officer and by the time he got home his whole district knew, and we hadn't even told our parents yet!

BEST OF LUCK TO YA! 

imageimageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • I agree with pp that most docs will see you for a visit somewhere around 8 weeks but call now and have it scheduled.  I have PCOS and baby and I are doing fine at 17 weeks.  Weight and meds become an issue while pregnant with PCOS sometimes, so they'll monitor it closely and talk about the best way to treat your PCOS while pregnant.  Other than you really shouldn't have any huge problems.  PCOS usually causes more issues ttcing than being pregnant. 
  • You could call now since most places won't see you until 8-10 weeks.  I have pcos and for my first pregnancy I saw a RE first to get pregnant and then switched to an OB around 9 weeks and the pregnancy went well.  I got pregnant on my own with # 2 and so far it has been a normal pregnancy as well and I am full-term at this point.  The only thing my OB said is that I may be more at risk for gestational diabetes because of the pcos but i didn't get it either time. 
  • PCOS usually causes more problems ttc than it does when you are actually pregnant.  If you POAS and it says positive then you most likely are pregnant.  I would definitely be heading to the drugstore and picking up a few more tests just to confirm.

Congrats.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"