Pennsylvania Babies
Options

Women and Babies?

Did anyone take the childbirth classes at W&B? A friend says they're a waste of time. Our first is on the way and we weren't sure if the classes were really necessary. Of course the hospital recommends them, but they also get income from them.

Thoughts?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Women and Babies?

• Options
    I didn't go to women & babies, but I felt the classes were helpful.  I used the breathing techniques that were reviewed and it was nice to just have a better understanding of what was happening with my body during pregnancy/childbirth.  It also helped us understand visiting hours/rules, what you can/can't have during labor/recovery, how to give the first bath, what do to with the umbilical cord stump, etc etc etc.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I didn't go to Women and Babies either but I think birth classes in general are very helpful.  The hospital that runs it generally walks you through not only birth but birth specific to their facility.  I know a lot of people consider them a waste of time but I found them worthwhile when we went through it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I gave birth at Women and Babies.  I didn't do the classes, and I don't feel like I missed out or would have been more prepared if I had.  The nurses talked me through every step of the way, and I'd watched so many baby shows I knew the general stuff anyway LOL! 

ttf21e9.aspx

ttf2202.aspx

• Options
    I only went to the first class at Women and Babies, and stopped going. By only going once, I can say I really liked the instructor. She was very friendly, down to earth and the class was fun to get to know other couples. I also gave birth at WBH and did not have any problems with not going to class. The nurses were great, explained everything and answered any questions you had.
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"