Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Gasp - FB status.

A "friend" on my FB posted this status....

"Okay so it might be a bad thing but Journi my 6 month old LOVES diet coke as much as her mommy"

WTF...  You give your 6mth old diet coke? - Everyone knows Pepsi is *so* much better.Indifferent

Re: Gasp - FB status.

• Options
    I was in line at Target the other day and saw a mom giving her child a drink of her pop from a straw. If I had to guess, her LO was no older than 7 or 8 months old.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    nice...you can clean your toilet bowl w/diet coke...all those chemicals!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow.....Indifferent...and LOL to the Pepsi being better, duh, Dr. Pepper is the best!
    Jessie Rose was born on 01/26/10 at 37wks, she weighed 7.9lbs and was 19" long! Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    yikes! Even a small taste of pop/soda could be so irritating to a baby's tummy, poor thing!
    DD 12/1/2009
    TTC#2 Since May 2012
    Dx PCOS February 2013 on Metformin 1500 mg
    Met with RE October 2013, we've got a plan!
    Surprise BFP on "break cycle" 10/12/13. EDD 6/17/14.
    MMC discovered 11/25/13 at 10 weeks. D&C 11/27/13.
    BFP 2/8/14 Beta#1: 176, Prog 18! Beta#2:335, Prog, 19.5!
    EDD 10/16/2014

• Options

What's wrong with that?

I give my baby beer.  Wink

• Options
    this makes me so sad for those children. I see this as a form of neglect, your baby should not be fed soda and junk food how hard is that to understand? ugghh.. now I have a FFFC to post!
    Little E born 12.10.09 Little A born 04.19.12
  • Options
    A friend of mine is a pedi and she walked in on an argument a mother and grandmother were having about what was better for the baby, coke or pepsi. They asked her which she thought was better for the 6 month old. This level of ignorance is so sad:(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

That makes me cringe.  I want to slap Moms who give their kids crap like that.  Maybe that'll be my FFFC.

• Options
    imagessmith325:

That makes me cringe.  I want to slap Moms who give their kids crap like that.  Maybe that'll be my FFFC.

Agreed. And here I am trying to hold off on juice. Apparently, giving babies soda is the "in" thing. WTF is wrong with people?

• Options

I don't get what would prompt someone to have their LO 'try' something like that.

I joke that DS likes Diet Pepsi as much as me, but only because he likes to pick up the bottle I'm drinking and shake it to see the fizz. I would NEVER give him any of my own and doubt there is ever an appropriate time I will feel the need to introduce him to it.

• Options
    Yeah, not a great idea, but who are we to judge? I mean I am sure there are things that I do that some of you would not roll your eyes over. I rolled my eyes at a friend who posted a pick of her 6 month old gnawing on a slice of pizza. WTH? But really, I, and the rest of you, have no place to judge. Who cares? At least she's not hanging him out of a 3rd story window just for fun...
  • Options
    I've seen orange soda in a bottle.  I could recognize it by the fluorescent orange color...definitely not juice.  The mom was trash at it's finest.
  • Options
    That's pretty bad, but i love the name Journi!
  • Options
    Wow...And I give my mom dirty looks for sharing her pop with our almost 4 year old.....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Her older two children are overweight... It makes me feel sorry for them.
  • Options
    HOLY CRAP! I wish it was OK to Smack the SH!t outta some people. She is setting her kid up for obesity and poor eating habits from the get go. Poor kid doesn't have a chance. Crying
  • Options
    My friend came over recently, and we were sitting outside with Audrey and her two kids. Her two-year-old picked up her coffee and started drinking it. When she noticed, she just started laughing and let her finish the coffee. And she has the nerve to complain about this child's hyperactivity. Indifferent
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I cringe seeing LOs with a sippy of soda, let alone a baby?! Maybe she will start replacing bottles with diet coke.
    Like pp, we aren't even giving LO juice and I don't know when I would find it appropriate to give him soda to try.. probably never although I know he would have it eventually.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageJ.R.LANDRIGAN:
    I cringe seeing LOs with a sippy of soda, let alone a baby?! Maybe she will start replacing bottles with diet coke.
    Like pp, we aren't even giving LO juice and I don't know when I would find it appropriate to give him soda to try.. probably never although I know he would have it eventually.

I don't let my 6yr old have soda...much less a six months old. We wont be giving Tagan juice either.

• Options

imagesarahmae8:
    Yeah, not a great idea, but who are we to judge? I mean I am sure there are things that I do that some of you would not roll your eyes over. I rolled my eyes at a friend who posted a pick of her 6 month old gnawing on a slice of pizza. WTH? But really, I, and the rest of you, have no place to judge. Who cares? At least she's not hanging him out of a 3rd story window just for fun...

If you are doing something stupid in public, I will judge you it is my right to think "WTF is that dumbass thinking?!" If you post on your FB that your 7month old likes Diet Coke, I WILL judge you because you put yourself out there to be judged. Come on lets live in the real world here, I care because she is setting her child up for obesity which I will have to pay for in the long run through higher insurance costs.

Just because I don't know you, doesn't mean what you do to your children in public can't effect me.

• Options
    I have a cousin that has a 19 month old. She started regularly giving her coke in a bottle at 1 year! WTF!?!
  • Options

its amazing how ignorant people are! A lady I work with gives her 7 year old a diet coke everyday & has since I've know her...since he was 3 years old!! He will also ONLY eat french fries & chicken nuggets  and chips & salsa. She goes to mcdonald EVERYDAY for his dinner. I'm not exagerating or making this up.  That's his punishment when he's bad, no mcdonalds. 

She said her pedi said it was ok that at least he is eating something & gives him a vitamin everyday to make up for the lack of nutrition! 

(Oh well...she's his mom)

• Options
    when we were at a restaurant recently we watched as a family seated nearby requested the waitress take their baby's bottle and fill it with sweet tea!
  • Options
    imagemistywhite400:

its amazing how ignorant people are! A lady I work with gives her 7 year old a diet coke everyday & has since I've know her...since he was 3 years old!! He will also ONLY eat french fries & chicken nuggets  and chips & salsa. She goes to mcdonald EVERYDAY for his dinner. I'm not exagerating or making this up.  That's his punishment when he's bad, no mcdonalds. 

She said her pedi said it was ok that at least he is eating something & gives him a vitamin everyday to make up for the lack of nutrition! 

(Oh well...she's his mom)

And of course, if she keeps feeding the kid McDonalds every day, he will NEVER learn to eat anything else. Why would he, when he gets his way and gets to eat CRAP every day? UGh!!!!!

• Options
    yeah, DH little sister is 7 and they give her whatever she wants.  I remember when she was 3 and she was drinking mountain dew in her sippy cup.  And, she too only eats chicken nuggets, fries, etc. this would be why she is about 120 pounds and she is 7.  She is going to have a rough road ahead of her.  I feel sorry for her
  • Options

We do it. DD gets tastes of our soda or tea. *shrugs* Our family grew up on caffeine. It's not for everyone, but like PP said...who are y'all to judge? My grandma used to make coffee milk for us when we were growing up (mostly milk with some coffee and sugar).

Oh...I should add, though...she won't get her own soda until she's a few years old and then they'll only be "treats." I don't agree with the moms that let their kids drink soda all day/every day. It needs to be mostly water, milk, or juice (and 100% juice at that).

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageVuja_de:

imagesarahmae8:

If you are doing something stupid in public, I will judge you it is my right to think "WTF is that dumbass thinking?!" If you post on your FB that your 7month old likes Diet Coke, I WILL judge you because you put yourself out there to be judged. Come on lets live in the real world here, I care because she is setting her child up for obesity which I will have to pay for in the long run through higher insurance costs.

Just because I don't know you, doesn't mean what you do to your children in public can't effect me.

Wow. Did you really need to be that rude to me? I am NOT saying it's okay and I am not saying I do it. I just don't like outwardly judging someone. It's not anyone's place unless it's abusive or illegal. Sure, I will sit there and thing WTF, like when I saw the pic of my friend feeding her kid pizza. Seriously, relax. No need to jump down MY throat because I am not the one doing it. K? Thanks.

• Options

I agree. Sodas are one of the worst things you can give your child. DD wont be having any for a long long time.  It also makes me sad when I see parents  run through a drive thru every single night for their childs dinner. People wonder why our children are obese and have so many health issues.....take a look at what parents are feeding them, take a look at the lack of physical activity.  A child who eats nothing but fast food and plays video games all day is a heart attack waiting to happen.  I feel horrible for these children.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagesarahmae8:
    imageVuja_de:

imagesarahmae8:

Wow. Did you really need to be that rude to me? I am NOT saying it's okay and I am not saying I do it. I just don't like outwardly judging someone. It's not anyone's place unless it's abusive or illegal. Sure, I will sit there and thing WTF, like when I saw the pic of my friend feeding her kid pizza. Seriously, relax. No need to jump down MY throat because I am not the one doing it. K? Thanks.

How is me disagreeing with you being rude and jumping down your throat?

• Options
    imagesarahmae8:
    imageVuja_de:

imagesarahmae8:

?? I think you may have misunderstood...she wasn't directing the comments at you, it was hypothetical.

• Options

Oi! 

My SIL has been putting Pepsi in my niece's bottle since she was about 8 months old (she's 14 months now). And if it's not Pepsi, it's Gatorade. That's her "healthy" drink.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    When my brother was little, my father let him drink his coke all the time.  My mother stopped him whenever she could and was constantly telling my father to stop.  My brother had a cavity in EVERY SINGLE BABY TOOTH.  They divorced when my brother was 5, so he stopped getting the coke.  His adult teeth came in fine with no problems.
    Bianca image.
  • Options

WTF! Seriously?

Was it caffiene free? Because if it was than it's totally ok...

• Options

We don't let our 5 1/2 yr old or 4 yr old drink soda, much less our six month old. 

My SIL is a Starbucks addict and she taught them all about caffeine and how it is for grown-ups.  Our older two ask, "Does that have caffeine in it?"  when we are drinking something and we will answer "yes" if it does.  They will then tell us that is for grown-ups and when they are 18, they can decide if they want to drink it. 

Our older kids love to drink water and the only juice they drink is orange juice.

I wish her and her child the best of luck.  I would think the chemicals in the soda would be too harsh for the baby's belly...

DD#1 11/7/04 DS#1 6/24/06 Chemical Pregnancy 6/08 DD#2 1/28/10 after secondary infertility, Clomid, & acupuncture missed m/c 6/2010 at 8 weeks (baby stopped growing @ 5.5) DS born sleeping 1/13/2011 due to cord accident at 22 weeks. DD#3 3/10/2012
  • Options

imageamt1586:
    Wow.....Indifferent...and LOL to the Pepsi being better, duh, Dr. Pepper is the best!

This, I only give my baby Dr. Pepper.

Effing crazy people.
  • Options

Yeah, I totally didnt read the rest of the thread before my last reply.

Really though I rarely let my 6 yr old have soda. He orders milk or water on his own if we eat out. He also knows that if it has caffeine it is off limits. His dad, on the other hand, will bring him home after a weekend with a Pepsi and candy, at 9pm.

Effing crazy people.
  • Options
    Oh boy...my cousin's DUMB girlfriend was giving their baby who was about 10-11 months ENERGY DRINK!!!!  The baby wanted some of what her mom was drinking, so she just gave it to her!!!!  Wow...way to go! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"