Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

losing a baby??

I have never had anyone close to me lose a baby.  My hair dresser lost her baby at about 22 weeks.  I feel terrible for her.  This is her 4th miscarrage.  She knew it was a boy and had his name picked out and everything.  Anyway I am not sure what to do for her.  Is sending a card good.  Is that tacky.  I need some advice as to what I should do for her.  She has been my hairdresser forever.  I don't see her outside of that atmosphere, but I do see her yearround.

Re: losing a baby??

• Options
    I think a card is good.
    2 girls and a dog
  • Options
    I think a card is a great way to let her know you are thinking of her. Im sure she will appreciate the thought.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

A card is great! Any kind gesture for that matter. Acknowledging her pain/ loss will mean a great deal to her!

• Options

This makes me want to cry! One of my good friends lost her baby at 23 weeks earlier this year. I had no clue what to do for her, we hardly see each other since she lives out of state, that being said, I got her a Sympathy card and a bookmark about a Guardian angel because that is what her baby is now, and nobody will ever be able to take that away.

I'd send a card without a doubt.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

Definatley send a card.  My SIL had numerous miscarriages and they were all hard!  I sent her a card and a gift card to starbucks because she loves starbucks.  My brother said she really appreciated it.

• Options

One of my work friends was pregnant at the same time as me last year.  We're not terrribly close friends, but her baby was one week behind mine.  We spent a lot of time talking about our pregnancies together, etc. at lunch.  Anyway, she found out that her baby had some organ deformities at the 20 week scan.  DH and I spent a lot of time talking with her and trying to be supportive.  Her baby died at around 24 weeks.  We sent her a card telling her how sorry we were and that we were praying for her.  She's still our friend, so I think she appreciated the card and the support.

A lot of people talk about personal things with their hairdressers and have friendly relationships.  I'd send her a card if you have that kind of relationship with her.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

A card is good.

My husband's cousin lost her baby at birth...she was 41 weeks pregnant, went through 12 hours of labor at home and then taken to the hospital for an emergency c/s. She was Team Green and learned that she had a girl after her baby had already passed.  Someone registered her baby's name with the International Star Registry which she really liked.  What was hard too was we were both pregnant at the same time.  Since I also had a girl, it's made it hard because our babies would have been 4 months apart.

• Options
    Definitely send a card and let her know she has your sympathy.  I had a miscarriage at 12 weeks and the worst thing people would do was nothing. They wouldn't say anything to me about it or even acknowledge it at all, just kind of ignored it. Now I'm sure they were just uncomfortable and didn't know what to do or say, but any kind of condolense would be nice.
  • Options

I lost a baby at 21 weeks.

The most offensive thing, to me, is calling it a miscarriage. At that point, it's not a miscarriage. Sorry.

I'm sure a card would mean a lot to her.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"